16: The Plane Flight

Jeanette and Fiona were celebrating their 15th birthday on an aeroplane. Both Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande were both boarded on the aeroplane. They were singing Shake it Off together. Before, it was Dangerous Woman. They were taking turns singing each other's songs.

Their mother greeted the guests and the father introduced the programme of the day.

First, it would take a 5-hour flight to their destination. Jeanette and Fiona took their seats and talked with their friends. They eventually decided to join in with the singing and then watch some movies. "How long?" Jeanette asks.

"An hour left," their father replied.

Jeanette decided to have a nap.

When she wakes up they are losing altitude quickly. She felt the quick descending of the aeroplane and shook her sister awake. "I urge everyone to remain calm. We will shortly perform an emergency landing," a voice over the intercom says.

The descent continues as the flight attendant instructs everyone to put on their life jackets. They land in the water and the people shuffle out of their seats as fast as possible. The pop celebrities were singing mellow and sad songs, which really didn't help the mood.

Jeanette grabbed Fiona's hand and together they made their way to the emergency slides. They clutched each other's hands tightly as they slid down together into the icy water. They soon spotted an island nearby and several people started to swim towards it.

This was no regular island, as the people soon noticed. It was covered in sweets. There was cotton candy grass and liquorice vines hanging down from nearby trees. She thought she was hallucinating, but this seemed to be completely real.

Jeanette clings to Fiona's hand as they walk deeper into the forest. They spend a couple of days on the island waiting for rescue to come, but help never came. They spent even more time pondering on a way to get off of the island.

They eventually found some marshmallows and created a raft. Surprisingly, it floated like corks and everyone gets on. They sail into the distance.

A jolt and Jeanette is awake. She is back on the plane with her family and everyone else. Suddenly, "I urge everyone to remain calm. We will shortly perform an emergency landing," a voice over the intercom says.

"Oh no."