Part 1

Harper lay alone in the park, it was dark and she was cold, the only thing she had to hold was her stuffed bear and a small blankie. They had been with her since birth. After her brave escape from her home she managed to make it to the park despite how cut up her tiny little feet were.

Her injuries had caused pools of blood to form below her and she couldn't seem to calm down. Despite only being two she noticed each breath getting harder and harder. The park was quiet and the rain began to fall as a man approached her and began trying to tempt her to follow him.

Thankfully due to all the abuse she had endured she refused, saving herself from a kidnapping however it also meant that the man got angry. As if her injuries weren't enough already she suddenly felt the man come closer and begin throwing punches at her small frame.

Taylor and Travis were walking holding hands through the dimly lit park at that convenient time. They had been to an adoption agency that day and sadly they couldn't find the right fit for the couple, they had been looking for a baby which was very rare to be able to get hold of through adoption due to high demand so the couple had gone out for a peaceful walk to keep their hopes high and forget about the disappointment of the day.

Travis felt Taylor's hand stop him in his tracks while she studied the path in front of them. Considering she was desperate to get to their apartment before the rain got too heavy it was a surprise that she had suddenly stopped in the middle of the pavement. Without any warning he noticed her run off in front of him toward a large man.

"HEY STOP!"

Harper flinched at the loud voice but noticed the punching stop. Her head slowly panned up to see a lady running over in a long fluffy coat and high heeled boots. She seemed tall however she was significantly smaller than the man who had been targeting the young girl.

Suddenly the woman stepped in front of the small girl and stared down the man. She was soon backed up by a large man who clearly had more power than the spawn of evil that had originally approached her. Between them the couple managed to scare the man away before the lady turned around and crouched down in front of the toddler.

"Hey sweetheart, I'm Taylor, this is Travis. Can you tell me what happened? Did he hurt you?" She asked, reaching out for the tiny little hand that the girl had kept in a tight fist the whole time. Harper flinched away a little expecting the lady to hit her but instead she noticed her hand being taken in the larger one and instead she felt a more comforting touch.

Taylor gently caressed the girls hand in order to try and relax her into feeling comfortable around her and when she noticed the girl turn toward her she smiled. "Can I walk you over to the bench?" She asked as she stood up and guided the young girl with her.

Harper followed her over, wincing with each step she took and could feel her stomach flipping. She was anxious and she was in too much pain. "What's your name baby girl, you're safe you can tell me." She whispered as she held the young girl close to her side. "H-harper." The young girl whispered.

Taylor noticed the girl grip onto her stomach and she leant forward and she could tell what was coming. She quickly moved behind the small girl be gently rubbed small circles on her back, knowing that the girls nerves and crying had pushed her to a point of sickness.

Once the girl had cleared her system Taylor handed over a bottle of water from her purse to the girl and opened it for her. The young girl revealed her small hands full of blisters due to how extreme her escape was. Taylor took the hind and nodded, helping the girl out by holding the water while she took a small drink to remove the awful taste from her mouth.