Chapter-7

Chapter-7 Troubled

I wake up from the noise of my alarm clock. I didn't get much sleep last night,
I didn't go out to meet Abi too, I just texted her last night and reason out that I was so tired and needed more sleep.
I still can't get over what just happened last night. When I closed my eyes his grinning face flashes in my mind.
I went out of bed, Luckily my mom prepared everything, I didn't need to go to the food hall to eat last night.
I have a bunch of mortal food in my suitcase.
Thanks, mom, I murmured like a silent prayer.
After taking a bath and fixing myself in the mirror I put on my normal attire for school jeans, wedged shoe shirt, and a black hoody jacket.
I spritz some of my favorite perfumes and I tried to focus my mind on my study.
I can't let that " soulmate stuff" bother me ...
Before walking out of the room I whisper a silent prayer, hoping that guy won't show up today I just don't have much power to deal with him,
As I walk by in the hallway I saw Abi waiting already for me.
Smiling and waving my hands to her, she smiled back and run toward me.
"Hey, what happened to you last night? she asks worriedly.
" I hope we can go eat breakfast together..." She pouted her lips looking at me
I nodded at her though I eat already, I decided I can still put in some more besides I won't be gaining any kilos as one of my vampire abilities.
Her face brightens as I say to her " sure let's have some breakfast..."
The food hall looks just the same as the one in the story of Harry Potter ...
Many long wooden tables and wooden chairs are piled on the same line, the only difference is that it has a mix of a cafeteria-style in faith academy.
You need also to fall in line and there's everywhere food.
Anything you name it from elf food, vampire drinks and so many more luckily they have also mortal food as I can't eat any other food than the mortals...
Everyone looks strange at me as I walk to the line of mortal food.
Many starts gossiping
" she's a vampire, why she's eating mortal food? "
"I surely smell her she's one of us but why?  "
And some says
" I bet she's not a fully-fledged vampire, such a shame
for our kind.."
I saw Abi, tighten her grip on her tray she can hear it too as part of her vampire ability, I touch her hand and murmured" Let it go Abi, I'm used to it" I smiled reassuring her that I'm fine.
Things like this don't affect me, I don't care what other people say about me.
After taking my food we sat at a table far away from them, with less noise and less problem.
We start eating...
The bell ring...
And so it is time for us to head on to our classes...
The first subject is World History
I am studying BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HISTORY.
The reason why I choose this course is not only because I love history but also because I can have a job anywhere, I can work in a law firm which  I bet is a big salary, and I can work in marketing, advertising, and public relation. Business and commerce or work in Media any of the above said Job I will gladly accept, it's my key to proving I can be something higher even if I'm just an abnormal breed of my kind.
Walking inside, I noticed the classroom look so modern, the table and chair were aligned in a theatrical style we decided to sit at the top end...
As I was bringing out my notes from my bag, I felt goosebumps all over my body just like what I felt yesterday.
Ohh no...
Not now please ...I silently beg in my mind.
Everyone sits so quietly when the door opens.
A professor came in wearing a casual suit that look good on him, his more like a model than  a professor at first glance,
I instantly admired him but not after he put his head up and look straight at me its my Mate that invaded my room last night.
Smiling he greeted everyone but last laid long his eyes on me.
Stiffen in my chair my heart starts beating so fast again.
God, what have I done? I asked feeling hopeless.
The whole year I will have the misery of him bothering me.
I hate this exchange student already...!
"Good morning everyone, I know most of you know me already, but this year we are having an exchange student from Faith Academy," he stopped and looked in my direction.
"I am professor Dalton, but please call me Mr. Dalton, as I don't wanna look like an old bat in front of you guys...I like it more like we're friends " he teased smiling at everyone and winking his eyes at all the ladies in front of him.
Giggling can be heard all over the room.
hump! I feel irritated by the way his so casual in front of these good-looking ladies. They are more here to seduce him than listen to his lecture.
I eye every one of the ladies inside the classroom, they are all dressed like they're going to a party wearing fitted dresses or skirts.
Sweet Goddess!
Everyone is wearing seductive clothes!
I stared back at him and was surprised that his staring back at me.
Then without a reason, he smiled showing those perfectly pearly white teeth.
Goddess!
He's so handsome, my eyes darted down on those pinkish lips and my hand automatically touch my own.
Memories from last night flashback in my head.
I shook my head and look away remembering he can read other people's minds.
I can't let him read what's on my mind it's so embarrassing.
I heard him clear his throat and continue...
"Alright, now let's start our Lecture, does anyone knows when was the First World War happen?
He walks while taking off his jacket... He seems uncomfortable.
He glanced back at me to say something but he hold it when he hear a knock on the door...
" Please come in" he mutters
Coming inside is William Jones my newly found friend...
"Forgive me, sir, I was lost on my way here " he sincerely said.

DALTONS POV:

Seeing this guy in front  of me
Makes my blood boil, his the guy sitting next to her on the bus...
I looked at him and nodded that he may sit down. I saw my Mate waving her hand making a sign for him to sit next to her and this makes me angry... Later I will make things clear between her and her...
She needs to know where she stands.

Later on.

Class dismiss

As we stand up I heard Mr.Dalton
Spoke my name...
"Miss.Maricella, can I have a word with you? pleased come with me in my office"