Emily

Prompt: Finish this sentence (and then write the story that accompanies it): You'd never believe me if I told you that I _____________, but it's true and I can prove it.

You'd never believe me if I told you that I didn't exist, but it's true and I can prove it. Well it's more of the fact that nothing around me exists, and so therefore, I must not either. But unlike the other people around here, I'm aware of it.

You see, I'm part of a daydream. Somebody else's daydream. I was made up in their mind and I do whatever they want me to because they are in control. Of course, she doesn't realize that I'm real and have feelings. If she did, I'm pretty sure she would be even more horrible.

That's the thing, this isn't a daydream one goes to to escape their problems. It's one you go to to release your frustrations. And Emily has a lot of frustrations. She keeps them pent up all day and then whenever possible, she escapes to our little farmhouse where she will endlessly torture me. It was an idea of her therapist. She had a lover that displeased her and she needed to take it out. She wanted to hurt her, so the therapist suggested doing it in her mind instead. That's when I was created.

I was shaped in the image of her lover, then her boss, then other lovers. I've stopped bothering to look in the mirror anymore, knowing that each time I did, there would be a new face staring back at me. That's how I originally figured out i wasn't real. I realized that people didn't go to sleep an Asian male and wake up a black woman.

Sometimes, other people like you would join me, bound in the same chains I was, but they never had thoughts. They were just clouds of smoke shaped to look like people and screamed and bled when they were told. I wish that I was like them. Without thoughts or the ability to feel the pain.

Emily has become better and more creative at torturing me than she was ten years ago. She is well into her thirties and still hasn't lost the habit of strangling me and cutting me and making me scream when she gets frustrated.

Just earlier today, she was on her lunch break. Her boss had denied her a pay raise that she thought she deserved and went to take it out on me. I was in the kitchen, carving designs into the table with an old nail I found because there was nothing else for me to do when I heard her appear on the front porch. Knowing that I would get in trouble if I was caught, I hid the nail under the table.

She stormed into the kitchen and I knew what was coming. She was especially angry. Since we were in her mind, she could make things appear just by thinking them.

The moment she saw me, she charged me, a thin string cutting into my neck as I was pushed on top of the table. She pulled the string tighter, piercing the flesh. I began coughing as blood filled my lungs. Her nails turned into talons as she grasped my breast. I tried to scream, but only a forced gurgle came out instead. She smirked, liking my reaction. She leaned down and grasped my knee cap, yanking it down as hard as she could. My eyes were wet with tears. She then grasped my hair and pulled me off the table, banging my head on the chair on the way down. She proceeded to drag me down the hallway towards the "bedroom". Mine and her clothes slowly disintegrated the closer we got. I whimpered as I knew what was coming.

The things she does inside the bedroom aren't things I will ever speak of.

Once she was done sexually abusing me, she grabbed my hair again, then dragged me down the cellar stairs, my body unable to move. She threw me face down on the dirt and chained me up to the bar that was already coated in my past blood.

The sound of a whip cracking nearly shattered my eardrums as it hit the ground next to me. The next time it cracked, it sliced off my ear.

"THAT'S FOR NOT LISTENING TO ME!" She screamed, then more calmly added, "If you're not going to listen, guess you don't need them." She laughed maniacally. My other ear was then sliced off, rendering me unable to hear anything else.

She struck my back and the back of my legs more times than I could count. I could feel myself running out of blood. That wasn't good. If I died too early on, she'd get really mad and start all over again. I willed myself to stay conscious as she made small cuts all over my body and then proceeded to throw handfuls of salt on me. It hurt like hell, and there was nothing I could do to stop her.

She finished tying my chains so tight that they made deep cuts into my wrists and ankles when she looked up, as if thinking of what to do next. She then put on a pouty face and disappeared. Looked like lunch break was over. I would say thank god, but a god is a being that creates things, right? Therefore Emily had to be my god and I was not going to thank her for anything.

Well that's only some of the things that she did. I don't want to relive it again. Now please, please tell me you're not another one made of smoke. I can't bear being alone any longer. Emily won't stop and I won't stop existing, no matter how hard I try. See this nail? Yes, it's the same one i was talking about earlier. Now watch this. Even though it's in my chest, it doesn't affect me. I'm still alive in a sense.

She'll be coming back soon, and she only created you for one reason, to torture you as well. So be prepared. But when she's done, all I ask is that you don't disappear just like the others.

I know she's done now, and I now you hurt bad, but please stay. No, stop. It's so lonely here. Please stop fading...

Goodbye.

(A.N.: Sorry this one was trash I'll try to make the others better)