6

AN: I'd love to hear what you think of the story so far!
Don't be shy to leave a comment or two!
________________________

Harry spent the rest of the summer at Grimmauld Place. Ron and Hermione acted nice to him, but Harry didn't think he could trust them to be his friends again. He was still hurt over the events of the previous year and the first half of summer.

Harry's hearing went well, and he'd be returning to Hogwarts with everyone else. Harry couldn't send Draco anymore letters because the location of the Order needed to remain a secret. But it wasn't like he'd have had time anyways. They spent a lot of their time cleaning the house to make it more habitable.

Harry did end up spending a lot of his time with Ginny. They'd talk and pull pranks on the twins, Ron and Hermione. Ginny was just a fun person. She'd also picked up on Harry not being as chummy with her brother as he used to be. She asked Harry why, but he never actually gave her the reason. But she was determined to find it out.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

On the morning of September 1, the occupants of Number 12 were busy getting ready to leave for King's Cross. Fred tried bringing his trunk down with magic, but he lost control and it hurtled down the staircase, almost hitting Ginny. This sent Mrs. Weasley into a rage. "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HER! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! JUST CARRY THE THING DOWN!"

Mrs. Black's portrait was shouting insults, but no one bothered closing the curtains, since they'd just swing back open.

They finally managed to get out of the house, with last minute hugs and goodbyes. They were escorted by Tonks and Moody, and Sirius came along in his animagus form.

Harry patted Padfoot on the head, and then hugged Mrs. Weasley. Then he, Hermione, Ron and Ginny boarded the train, and went searching for an empty compartment. Ginny stopped in one of the last compartments. There was only a girl with straggly, waist length, blonde hair sitting inside.

Hermione suggested they find somewhere else, but Ginny said it would be a waste since everywhere else was full. She opened the door, and said, "Hi Luna. Is it alright if we sit here?"

Luna looked at them with pale, protuberant eyes, and nodded, before going back to reading her magazine upside down. They stowed their trunks and pets in the overhead rack.

Ron and Hermione had to go to the front of the train for prefect duties. Harry asked Luna if he could see her magazine. It was called the Quibbler, and it published several strange stories. Like Fudge cooking goblins in pies, and Sirius really being a man named Stubby who was innocent. (The proof being that on the night Sirius went after Peter, he'd been having a romantic dinner with the woman in the article.) Harry handed Luna back her magazine.

Neville joined them, and he, Harry and Ginny spent the next half hour trading chocolate frog cards, and Neville telling them about his summer.

"Oh, and my great-uncle Algie got me this rare plant for my birthday!" Neville said, digging into his schoolbag. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia!" He pulled out what looked like a small, grey cactus plant that was covered in boils instead of spines.

"What's it do?" Harry asked. It was pulsating, which gave it a menacing look.

"It's supposed to have this really cool defense mechanism!" Neville dropped his toad, Trevor, in Harry's hands, and prodded the mimbulus mimbletonia with his wand.