29

Draco stared gloomily at his plate. He'd been awake all night regretting how he'd hurt Harry. He'd stopped trying to fix the Vanishing Cabinet, and he no longer cared about following Voldemort's orders. Who cares if his aunt would watch him die? That was fine. He hated her now anyway.

Draco stared across the Great Hall at the Gryffindor Table. Harry was talking with Ron and Hermione.

Draco looked away, and stabbed his potato. He was no longer hungry. He was never very hungry these days....

"I'm turning in early," Draco told his friends.

Draco got up, and left the Great Hall. He walked past the front doors and stopped.

No one would know....

Draco walked out into the night, and made his way to the Whomping Willow. He walked slowly through the tunnel, until he reached the Shrieking Shack. Once there, Draco left the house, and went into the village.

He went to the Hog's Head. The pub was loud with drunk wizards and witches. Draco went to the bar.

"One bottle of firewhiskey," Draco said, throwing the money on the counter.

'Father would be proud.' Draco thought sarcastically.

The wizard (who looked weirdly similar to Dumbledore) counted the coins, and then passed Draco the bottle without a word. Draco left the pub, and went back to the Shrieking Shack. He opened the bottle and took a sip. His throat burned as the alcohol slipped down his throat.

Draco coughed and set the bottle down.

"That's nasty!" He said in disgust.

Draco looked up at the sky through the boarded windows; The moon was almost full. He would have to transform again.

Draco grabbed the fire whiskey and jumped through the trap door into the tunnel below. He started walking back to Hogwarts, pausing to take a sip every couple minutes.

"Here's to dying before I come of age!" Draco said loudly, his voice echoing along the dirt wall. He took another swig.

"And to you, Father, for landing yourself in f**king Azkaban!"

Another.

Draco found several other things to toast to. His doomed friendships. The horrible Headmaster. His failed plans. Snape. House Elves. The four founders of Hogwarts. Hogwarts herself.

"And to Harry freaking Potter! The-Boy-Who-Broke-My-Heart! Here's to you, the Chosen-Cute-One-That-I-Can't-Forget-About!" Draco yelled.

He tripped over a root, and fell face forward. Draco laughed as he pulled himself up.

A beam of light was coming closer to Draco. He shielded his eyes, as the light was shined in his face.

"Merlin's beard! You reek!"

"You don't smell all that nice either, Potter." Draco lied.

Draco stood up, staggering slightly. Harry steadied him.

"How much have you had to drink?"

"I don't know. A lot? Why're you here, Potter?"

"I came to bring you back," Harry said.

They started walking through the tunnel- The bottle of firewhiskey laid on the ground, forgotten.

"I love you, Potter." Draco slurred. "I'm sorry I'm not a good boyfriend."

"Okay, Draco." Harry said.

"I'm serious, Potter! No more secrets!" Draco said.

"Alright. No more secrets."