2

Harry fell asleep in Divination and had a very peculiar dream. He was flying on the back of an eagle and it was very pleasant. Then the eagle suddenly flew through the window of what had once been a magnificent mansion, where Harry saw Voldemort punishing Wormtail with the Cruciatus Curse. And then he woke up as Wormtail screamed in agony.

"Harry, are you alright?" Professor Trelawney asked Harry. "What is it? Did you have a premonition?"

"Er, yes. I mean, no. I- Hospital wing." Harry stammered as he collected his things and bolted out of the stuffy classroom.

Harry ran all the way to Dumbledore's office and began shouting all of the candies he knew- Both Wizarding and Muggle. The Gargoyles let him through when he said Cockroach Clusters, and Harry ran up the moving staircase.

Harry could hear voices coming from within the office. Fudge was saying that Madame Maxime must have attacked Victor Krum and Barty Crouch, when Harry had gone off to fetch Dumbldeore, and that there was no connection between the disappearance of Bertha Jorkins and Crouch.

"Can we finish this conversation?" Moody growled. "Potter's wanting a word with you, Dumbledore. He's right outside."

Harry was let in, and Fudge greeted him jovially. "Ah, Harry! How are you, my boy?"

"Fine. Professor, I need to tell you something..."

Dumbledore gave Harry a searching look. "Wait here for me." Dumbledore said. "We're just going to have a look around the grounds. It shouldn't take long..."

They left, and Harry found himself alone in the circular office. He walked over to Fawkes, and pet the pheonix's head.

Suddenly, a shimmering light came from a cabinet to his right. Curiosity got the better of him, and Harry walked over to it. The source of the light was coming from inside a large, shallow, stone basin with runes etched on its edges. Inside it, was a white substance that was neither liquid nor gas. Harry peered closer and saw images below the surface. Harry leaned closer so that he could see what they were.

Harry yelled as his face broke the surface, and his feet left the office floor. He was falling through darkness. Then it all stopped, and he was sitting next to Dumbledore on a bench in a court room. Karkaroff was sitting in a chair with chains wrapped around his arms, and giving the names of Voldemort's Death Eaters to the Council of Magical Law. Barty Crouch Sr. was sitting in the judge's chair.

The scene changed, and Harry was back in the strange courtroom. This time he saw Ludo Bagman sitting in the iron chair, though he wasn't chained to it. He was accused of being a Death Eater, but then was exonerated.

A new scene appeared, and Harry was in the court room for the third time. The atmosphere was tense. A boy with straw-colored hair, and no older than seventeen, stood next to a three other prisoners. He was pale and crying for his father, Barty Crouch Sr., to listen to him. Begging him to believe that he was innocent and not a Death Eater. Barty Crouch Jr. was sent away to Azkaban along with Bellatrix Lestrange, her husband Rodolphus Lestrange, and Rabastan Lestrange.

Harry found himself falling through the darkness once more, but this time it took a bit longer for the images to settle into place.

Harry was standing in a square in a village. There were children running from house to house, dressed in their Halloween costumes. Harry walked past a war memorial obelisk, to a lopsided cottage. There was no one else around on the street.

Harry did not know why he was over here, but he had a feeling that he was meant to see this. He'd figured out that he must be inside Dumbledore's memories, which meant the Headmaster was somewhere close by.