1.

It's like every typical high school love story.

I'm walking down the hallways in my school uniform matching my steps to the beat to the music.

"Jen!" Ah first thing I have to see on the first day back to school is my best friend. I mean I ain't complaining, just means I don't have to walk around alone.

"Giselle!" I yelled back while pulling her into a tight hug.

"How've you been?" I asked.

"Pretty good, how was japan?"

Over the holidays I had to fly to Japan since my parents have their own business there. While I was there I was able to learn some Japanese and Japanese culture which was nice.

"It was great, I learnt a lot of the language and culture."

"Tell me all about it"

And that was the start to our morning.

We both walked to our first class of the year where we'd meet our classmates and teacher. And of course Giselle and I were in the same class. The school knows they can't seperate us.

"Good morning class. I will be your teacher for the year. This will be your classroom for the year as well everyone here is your classmates for the year. If you don't like it then oh well." We all laughed along with our teacher. "Oh yeah, we have a new student for the year. He's a Japanese student so he might have an accent."

All eyes turned to the door when a tall blonde boy walked through the door.

I had instant heart eyes.

"Psst Jen" Giselle poked my shoulder drawing my eyes away from the new kid.

"What's up."

"He's kinda cute."

"He's my type" I giggled. Normal teenage girl things you know.

We both turned to the front of the class where the boy and the teacher was standing. I didn't know guys my age could be so tall but this kid is taller than the teacher and looks like he might bump his head on the fan.

"Introduce yourself to everyone"

"Uh hello I'm um Niki" his voice was deep and had an accent but none the less was so hot. Ah I'm fan girling again.

"Like i said he's from Japan and there might be a bit of a language barrier so be nice to him"

"Mr!" Giselle jolts her hand up while calling for the teacher, it scared me. "Jennifer came back from Japan, she knows Japanese." She said pointing to me.

"Wait what? I didn't agree to this." I was surprised and shocked that she put me on the spot like that.

"Well some Japanese is better than no Japanese. Niki do you want to sit beside Jennifer." The teacher pointed to the seat next to mine. That was when Niki's eyes met mine.

We kept that eye contact all the way until he sat down.

"Hi" I said in Japanese.

"Hi" he replied.

"I'm Jennifer, my Japanese isn't the best" I saw him nod his head.

That was my attempt to become friends with the guy but I won't give up. And that was the start of my high school crush.

~~~

"Here's your work for the weekend. I want you to complete it by the Monday. You can work in pairs but no group of 3s."

"But Mr that's so much work" there were students complaining but this was my chance. I could get closer and get to know Niki better. Plus I don't think anyone else wants to work with Niki.

"Jen!" Giselle grabbed onto my arms stopping me from walking to Niki. "You're my partner."

"I want to be with Niki."

"Are you ditching me?"

"No of course not. He might need help since he's Japanese." She looked at me confused. I gave her a wink then everything clicked in.

"Ooh! Ok I get you. Of course he might need help hehe. Good luck." She winked at me before I walked away.

I looked at Niki to see him on his phone not paying attention to anything that's going on in class.

I made my way over to him, tapping him on the shoulder getting his attention.

"Niki let's be partners" He looked confused. I let out a sigh before repeating it in Japanese.

"Let's be partners. I'm trying to help you get used to this language. We can't always speak Japanese." He just blinked.

"Why do we need to be partners."

"Because i want to help you"

He's being a little rude but okay.

"I can do the work by myself."

I brought out the work we were supposed to do and held it to his face.

"Can you read this?" He squinted his eyes and tried to read the paper but ended up giving up.

"That's what I thought. We're partners and I'm gonna get you to speak less Japanese to me"

I walked off like a bad bitch, well I was only imagining that. But two can play the cold and rude game.

26/12/20
the second enhypen story is here! if you didn't already know, words in italics means they're talking in Japanese. please read "Dream of dreams" the Jay story I wrote!

-P