28.

After eating it was quite late. Niki and Sunoo bid me and each other goodbye. I walked into my room and awkwardly sat on my bed.

So this is where I'm staying from now on.

Hmm.

This isn't so bad.

The bed is so comfy though. And the room doesn't smell like dead rates mixed with garlic.

Oddly specific, I know.

Did I forget to mention that I could leave my room whenever I want? This is so different, but good different.

The food I ate was freshly made, for me! I wasn't the one that had to cook then watch Mark eat and spit out the food minutes later, followed by him yelling at me.

I went back to all the decorations and items in the room.

This was my personality, but why don't I remember anything?

But Niki could've mistaken me for another person because he keeps showing up in all the books, photos, and polaroids. If he played this much of an important roll, then I wouldn't have forgotten him.

"None of this makes sense" I held my head in my hands while leaning my back down onto the mattress.

"Jennifer you still up?" I heard Niki's voice come from outside my room.

"Um, yeah" I said quietly but still loud enough for Niki to hear. He took that as a queue to open the door letting himself in before shutting the door again.

"I wanted to talk, again."

"Oh uh, sure" I was now sitting up, leaning my back against my headboard. Niki came and sat at the end of the bed like he was before. "What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Oh it's nothing serious. I just wanted to ask if you're down to hangout with me tomorrow?" Niki scratched the back of his neck as he spoke, judging by his posture and the tone of his voice he sounded quite...nervous.

"If you're okay with it"

"Of course I am!"

I thought about for a moment. I mean what else am I supposed to do. I can't exactly just leave the house actually I could. But either way I don't know my way around the area so there's no point.

Might as well.

"Ok then."

I saw Niki's eyes sparkle when I finished speaking.

"Really? Oh my god."

Niki suddenly pulled me into his arm, wrapping his hands around me. This sudden nice gesture made my body tense.

Niki noticed me tensing and immediately let go.

"Oh no I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have invaded your personal space."

Personal space.

Haven't heard that in a while.

Personal space.

My own space.

Thinking about it, Niki has always left a generous gap between him and I.

Does that have something to do with personal space?

"No it's ok. I'm just not used to people touching me without hurting me."

~~~

"You haven't eaten right?" Niki asked pulling up outside a building.

"No not yet."

"Well you're in luck. We're gonna eat ramen."

Niki led me inside the restaurant and into one of the seating booths. This restaurant seems like it's been here for a while now.

"Hi how can I help you both?" The waitress asked as we were still reading the menu.

Uh oh no.

I don't know what to get.

"Can I get 2 bowls of the pork ramen, one mild spicy while the other with extra spice please." Niki said. I didn't even see him pick up the menu.

It's as if he memorised the order off by heart.

The waitress wrote down our orders before leaving us alone again.

I'm feeling a little awkward since the both of us was sitting in complete silence. Niki looked at me every now and then while I'm trying to look away from him.

"This looks like a nice restaurant." I broke the silence between us.

"It's my favourite restaurant."

"Ah" The silence came back again.

After about 5 minutes of absolute silence between us, the waitress came back with our food. We both thanked the waitress and just stared at our food.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Niki looked at me confusedly. He was preparing his utensils while I was sitting here not touching the food.

"Oh uh I'm waiting for you." I replied. It was true. It was manners for me to eat last.

"Just eat." Niki started slurping the noodles still eyeing me making sure that I'm eating.

I can't lie, the noodles look delicious.

And they were delicious.

But for some reason, they taste so familiar. It's as if I had these before. But that's impossible, I've never been to this restaurant before.

Niki stopped eating and just watched me as I started slurping on the noodles. He laughed when he saw my face light up with every mouthful of soup and noodles.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

I was still chewing on my food but looked up and vigorously nodded my head.

Then it hit me.

IT WAS SPICY.

Niki noticed my expression changed and knew what was going on. He didn't do or say anything but just watched me with amusement.

I frantically looked around for my glass so I could pour some cold water. I chugged down the icy water down my throat.

"You know water doesn't help with spicy food." I looked at Niki with my mouthful of water.

He was right, the burning numbed for a moment before returning again. It wasn't as bad since the ice did help but I still don't like this.

I started fanning my face trying to cool myself down and also dry the sweat that was starting to form.

"That won't help." Niki leaned over the table with a napkin in his wiping my forehead before pulling away.

Niki wiped the sweat off my forehead with his napkin. Our eyes locked but the both of us quickly looked away.

That was the same flashback from last night.

29/01/21

hi omg you guys are sweet, thank you so much for all the really nice comments last chapter. i didn't make that many friends but at least i have you guys :)