Chapter 19

I stand here, terrified that Chris will hold up his end of the deal and will slit my throat if Nathan doesn't return with Axel soon enough.

After a minute or two of Chris was shifting on his feet, he barges forward towards Jonah and Wyatt. The knife presses into my neck until we reach the wall, where I'm released. I'm propelled into the wall and when I turn around, I come face to face with the end of the knife.

"Don't move," I'm warned. He kneels and picks up the rope from the floor, still holding the knife out in front of him. Straightening up, he whirls the knife around. "Turn around," he orders.

I do as I'm told, turning to face the wall. Moments later, both my arms get ripped back behind me and the rope snakes around my wrists. It's pulled tight, pinching my skin, and tugged down to force me to the floor. I'm tied to the ring next to Jonah before a piece of tape gets slapped over my mouth.

As soon as he's sure I'm secure and there's no chance of me escaping, he storms out of the room, following his brother in the hunt for Axel.

I stare at the empty door way and into the darkness of the house, hoping Axel isn't found and wondering what will happen if he is.

Movement to the left of the doorway catches my eye and I look over to see the door to a large cupboard opening slowly.

Axel's head peeps out from the inside. I can feel my racing heart thumping hard in my chest.

He rushes over to Wyatt and begins to untie him. My eyes flick back and forth between them and the doorway, panicking that the psycho brothers will walk in.

Wyatt removes the tape from his mouth as soon as his hands are free.

"You good, mate?" Axel asks in a soft whisper.

Wyatt nods, rubbing his wrists, and Axels moves onto Jonah.

Just as Wyatt reaches for my hands, footsteps echoing around the house grow louder and louder.

"How is this my fault?" I hear Nathan say.

"You should have watched him." Chris replies.

I use my head to indicate for them to leave us and go.

They both dash away and Axel hides in the same cupboard and Wyatt finds a place to hide in another.

"I was tying the boy up," Nathan says, "you should have been watching the other one."

"You're the reason why we're in this mess in the first place," blames Chris. "Everything's your fault."

They both step through the wide doorway, pointing fingers at each other.

"You're the one that-"

Chris cuts him off when he notices one of us missing. Stopping in the doorway, Nathan stopping beside him, his eyes widen and his nostrils flare. "Where did the black one go?!" he shouts.

Nathan clears his throat. "I think that's racist," he says in a soft and quiet voice.

Chris turns to his brother, his face glowing red. "Does it look like I care?!" He storms over to Jonah and I. Grabbing the front of my shirt, he yanks me up to my knees and leans down until our noses touch. "Where did they go?!" he screams, spit hitting my face, his eyes wide and wild.

While still holding onto me, he reaches down and pulls Jonah up too, forcing him onto his knees, the rope tied to the hoop pulled tight like mine. "Tell me now!"