A L T E N D I N G (1)

this ending takes place after the chapter "T E E T H C O V E R E D I N R E D"

she never died. and didn't have the pre existing condition that helped kill her.

K E L C A   P O V

I'm leaving.

I'm leaving tomorrow.

I'm sat in a hospital room.... after thinking so strongly that I was gonna die. It felt like death... it really did. Water in your lungs and feeling limp like you can't do anything.

I was so scared... but also so so calm.

I didn't have a reason to live anymore, I was just... nothing.

I have never had a life like others, and maybe my existence was just to please Royce, to fix him. I mean there have to be throw away characters...

And I was just one of them, and Koa was the main.

My mom is already gone, she left the hospital and took the soonest plane away. Dad followed, trying to get her back.

I don't feel very good....

I mean I could live without my parents and be fine, I don't really care about them that much.... but him.

He hurt....

I don't want to say his name, I feel like he's in my head and if I say it it'll summon him. It'll make me rethink all the memories and think of him...

He was so pretty, so pretty I wanted to cry every time I looked at him. He was just perfect, and so sweet.

He was so happy when I first met him, and near the end. I guess in the middle I made him sadder than usual... or he just wanted to keep the fact that him and Koa were together away from me.

My stomach churns when thinking of her as I stare up at the white lights. Thinking. Thinking maybe too hard.

He loved her..... he didn't love me....

My doctor sighs, "Get out of you head Kelca, I need to talk to you about something."

She sits at the edge of my bed and sighs, "Darling you were screened for many things and we took many tests and you're seemingly okay. I know you want to leave, so just in case anything happens we're gonna have you stay here tonight and then go home tomorrow alright? Only a day or two left, and then your mom has called and said she'll buy a plane ticket for you to go to her location. She'll be able to call you soon."

I nod and she smiles, "You okay Dear?"

I swallow, "is there a guy here.... you would know him his name is-"

"Royce?" She asks.

There it is, his name, I wanted to say it but god does it hurt. "Yes..." I mumble and she laughs, "The guy has tried every single way to get into this room... we let him in while you were sleeping once and he just laid next to you and cried."

"Can you make him leave?"

She sighs, "Well if he does another thing wrong I can but... he hasn't slept for days, Kelca. I think he should be in the hospital for his own reasons..."

I swallow, checking the clock. It was eleven pm... only one more sleep and I could leave.

"He cheated on me, Angie.." I mumble.