K O A P T. 1

K O A   P T. 1

SONG
AFRAID - THE NEIGHBORHOOD

AUGUST 11, 1998

I slowly set Cam down in Cece's lap where Noa sat still. They had driven here tonight and if they don't fall asleep on the couch they'll drive home, by the looks of it Cece is going to take them home later tonight since Connie is already gone.

"Goodnight Cam." I mumble, walking over to the bedroom, but I see Royce on his stomach, his arm over Koa's and her hand....

Her hand was running through his hair just like I used to do.

"Oh.." I mumble and Royce opens his eyes and looks at me, his head on her chest.

His purple eyes were shining, his eyelids covering half of them as he was.. he was so relaxed.. and it hurt so bad. "I'm sorry Kelca but can you sleep on the couch tonight? I'm just so tired..." Royce mumbles, and Koa slowly looks over at me and gives me a smirk.

Koa looks at me like she finally won..

I mean we were friends of course but I knew she wanted Royce, that was her main goal. And she got him... it was so easy...

I take a deep breath, heavy in my lungs and oh so hard to take. Unbelievably hard.

"Yeah I just think that I have the expertise to help Royce right now.." she mumbles, laughing lightly.

Her fingers scratched his head lightly, holding onto his Lucious blonde hair.

I sniff a little.

That image almost created a photo in my mind that went with all the other photos I've taken to capture my big memories.

And this memory?

Royce doesn't care about me....

He was lying and I was wrong..

Maybe dad was right...

1984

I walk up to my dad, his skin was soft and he was happy, only 20 years old which was surprising for having a five year old daughter. It's ok though... I think he's a great dad.

He always taught me about people, especially when I had to leave my best friend Sophie, he told me not to trust anybody until I know they will stay.

And I was always gonna leave, so no making friends for me.

N O W

Maybe I should have been under the rule that Royce was under...

Maybe paid attention to that rule my dad gave me..

Probably would have helped me resist from Royce's charm.

All Royce did was make my heartbreak and my dad hate me...

I should've known in my life nobody asked perfect as Royce was would like me...

"Hey Cam...." I mumble as I come back, "wanna sleep next to me for right now?"

And while I lay silent with Cam, Noa at my feet, tears stream down my face.

He wasn't the one...