Chapter 31

I sat beside Conner in the conference room. Chase had asked for a meeting to discuss the plans to take out the hunters. There were many alphas here, all from different packs around the world.

The number was astounding.

Conner refused to talk to me. That's right, my mate was giving me the silent treatment. It hurt. A lot. I had to tell him but how? How do you tell your mate that the pack he wanted to help and is staying at is the reason you were broken.

Easy, you don't, at least for a while.

The alphas were discussing battle tactics for the attack and it wasn't going so well.

"We should attack from the North! We will have a better chance at catching them off guard!"

"And who have you the right to speak. You're just a Luna!"

"Disrespect my mate one more time! I dare you!"

"Stop fighting and let's just work things out..."

"We should storm the place guns blazing. They'll never have time to regroup!"

"But we will lose more soldiers and I for one are not putting my people in the cross fire."

"Always thinking of the little things, typical Luna."

"Talk all you want but where is your Luna asshole."

"Why you all acting like me on my period?"

"Right. They are nipples. All of them."

"Can we please focus on the task at hand!"

"As I was saying, we send a few wolves at a time so they-"

"So they what? Get themselves killed one by one. Like I said, guns blazing."

"Take your people in like that, what will you tell their families when you go home alone!"

"We should all take deep breaths."

"Deep breaths my ass! We are discussing war!"

"Don't talk to my mate like that or so help me you will have another problem to deal with besides the hunters."

"Why can't we just send someone to talk to them-"

"Talk to them?! Are you serious? This is war not some romance action princess."

"Do not call my mate that you asshole!"

"Attack from the West and East. Then they will be forced to retreat to the South of the stronghold where we will have wolves waiting."

"No, first send spies and scouts you check the area."

"And have them all killed? I think not!"

"Well what do you suggest?!"

I rubbed my temples as they all complained. Conner, who was still brooding beside me, seemed to be on my same page. They were idiots. All of them. You wonder how they became alphas.

I chuckled at my own thought.

"You think this is funny?!" It took me about ten seconds to realize the question was directed to me.

All the alphas and lunas were watching me. I chuckled at them all.

"Yes this is funny." I said with a smile.

Most of the alphas growled. I think I just turned their egos from Asia to Hawaii.

"Who are you to speak Luna?!" One of the guys growled at me.