2 ; platform 9¾

"I expect we'll be there soon"

The week following their trip to Diagon Alley  Hermione and Liliana eagerly awaited for the day they would be going to Hogwarts. So much so it was all they bothered talking about the days leading up to their departure.

"Can you believe it Lils?"

"Believe what?"

"Well I mean that we're witches!" exclaimed Hermione.

"Ah yeah that," Liliana laughed. "Well I mean I couldn't believe it when that woman showed up and gave us those letters either but I'm super excited to find out all about the Wizarding world 'Mione, I reckon there's so much we don't know."

"I'm glad you brought that up Lils. You see I've been looking through our course books and I think we should give a couple of these spells a try so we're prepared," said Hermione hesitatingly.

She knew that her sister loved to read and practice new things just as much as she did, however, that didn't mean she was always interested in the things Hermione took a liking too.

For example, when Hermione really wanted to learn more about the way tarantulas spin their webs and insisted on them going to a terrarium to view it her sister regarded her as if she were mad.

"How could you find that interesting 'Mione, you're out of your bloody mind if you think I'll be going with you!'' Liliana had said after she had explained how much she wanted to go to the zoo and view the spiders.

After a couple of moments in silence Liliana spoke up.

"I think that's a brilliant idea!"

Hermione, who was busy thinking of that incident, turned to her sister and beamed, "Really? I wasn't so sure you'd be on board considering how you felt about the whole spider incident".

Liliana shuddered and gave a playful glare to Hermione, "Well I'm not very fond of spiders 'Mione you know that," she sighed. "Plus that was ages ago--"

"-- that was a month ago Lils," giggled Hermione.

"Right, but that's beside the point," said Liliana, waving her hand dismissively. "I love this idea, I think it's probably your best one yet!"

At hearing her sister's approval Hermione got up and bolted towards her school trunk and pulled out The Standard Book of Spells: Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk and flipped open to a page she had marked in the chapter titled "Mending Charms".

"Let's try this spell here, I marked it for Dad because he's always breaking his reading glasses." She pointed towards one that read 'Oculus Reparo' and read the subheading aloud:

"Incantation: Ock-you-liss reh-pa-ro

Effect: Repairs glasses

Hand Movement: Tap glasses