1 ; diagon alley... again

"Ron says he's pretty old"

The holidays seemed to be going by rather quickly, even though it seemed as though they had just started. Maybe it was because Liliana and Hermione were having such a fun time staying home with their parents just playing games, or watching movies and playing their occasional games of 'Princess' and 'Dragons and Warriors' but they didn't feel ready for summer to end.

One evening while they were in the middle of deciding who would be the dragon and who would be the warrior, a rather old grey owl they had come to know as Errol, flew into their window, hitting the glass rather hard.

"Ouch," winced Liliana.

Hermione went to open the window, carrying the poor owl in the palms of her hands and resting him on their desk in the corner.

"Go and get him some food Lils," said Hermione. Liliana nodded and rushed downstairs to get Errol some food before rushing back up.

"Poor thing," said Liliana, placing a piece of bread in front of him.

"Ron says he's pretty old," Hermione added.

"No kidding," said Liliana, sarcasm laced in her voice. "Shall we read the letter then, I mean that is the reason he flew all the way here."

"I suppose so."

Liliana untied the parchment that was around Errol's leg, opened it and read aloud:

"'Hi girls,

I hope you both are having a great holiday, do me a favor and try to stay away from the books, enjoy your summer please!

Anyways, I actually have something I wanted to ask you both. Has Harry replied to any of your letters? I thought maybe Errol was just being slow at delivering and receiving but it's been the fourth letter I've sent that he hasn't replied to. Do you think he's upset with me?

Send me your reply with Errol (maybe give him a bit of food, the bloody bird can barely make it outside without flopping).

Also would you two be able to come to spend the rest of the holidays here at the Burrow? Mum would love to have some more girls over, seeing as it's just her and Ginny. Let me know, hope to see you two here.

From,

Ron'"

As soon as Liliana finished Hermione began to rummage through the cabinets before pulling out a piece of parchment and a pen.

"Well, we've got to reply haven't we," she said having noticed Liliana's questioning stare.

"Right, of course." Liliana said, reaching for the parchment and sitting down.

She began to write back and with a few added suggestions from Hermione they finished their reply.

"We should read it back, you know make sure we've got everything."