The Hunt is On

(Just wanna say You all are amazing~ annnnnd I hope you're loving this story so far ^^ let's continue shall we?)

(Y/n's POV)

Another morning, another day goes by at Scarlemagne's palace, and it's been quite hectic as of late. I had heard that some of the mute gangs were coming over to discuss something urgent with Scarlemagne that he needed to find out.

After I freshened up I made my way to the main court and saw some of the human nobles standing on each ends of the checkered floor next to Scarlemagne. As usual, I see him freely play his grand piano as I walk up the large pedestal and greeted him.

"Good morning, Scarly~" I said sleepily as I gave him a peck on the cheek and carefully sat down on one of the steps. His hidden smile couldn't be ignored as he gave that chuckle I loved so much. "Good morning to you too, (N/n). I see you're in a good mood. How did you sleep, dear?"

A yawn escaped my mouth as I stretched out my body and then relaxed it. "I slept fine. So, what exactly is happening today?" He stopped playing for a moment as he turned his head to me "I've scheduled a meeting with the mute leaders. They should be here any minute now." With that he went back to playing as I was left with my thoughts.

I wanted to know what they would be discussing about, but seeing as how he wanted me here I'm sure he'll fill me in also. As we waited one of the servants brought me my breakfast which was a simple Quiche Lorraine that had cheese, meat, vegetables and my favorite...BACON!

Right after I finished eating I saw the mute leaders come in all huddled together. Scarlemagne suddenly boasts aloud while playing the keys "Welcome, welcome, welcome, to my humble abode!" I then noticed Gerard and Lemieux were the ones escorting them and I discreetly waved at her as she waved back.

It was nice to say that we were developing a new friendship. I looked at the mute leaders and noticed some I knew and some I didn't know. And one of them i definitely didn't want to see. Scarlemagne gestured with the back of his hand "Come on, come on, don't be shy. Gather round the piano forte!"

Gerard pushed them forward as they walked closer to us. "Now, as you might know, there is a Mega Monkey on the loose~" He was suddenly interrupted by one of the leaders "Hey! What's that human doing here? She's one of those filthy people who destroyed my home and ridiculed me in front of my whole gang!" I sneered at her as I crossed my arms and put on a smirk as I let her continue.

"I expected her to be put as a slave, tortured! I didn't bring you here just to be pampered and spoiled!" Scarlemagne was about to defend me but I stopped him with my hand as I cleared my throat and spoke aloud, hardly noticing my eye color changed . "The old me you threw in here would've made a snark remark, but seeing you look pathetic like that is enough for me. You are beneath me, so I have no further words to say to you, Mrs. Satori.."

I snapped my fingers as one of the nobles brought me my morning tea and as I stared at the dumbfounded frog who just watched me as I sipped slowly giving her a flashy smirk reverting my eyes back to normal, I couldn't help but laugh in the back of my mind at her reaction. Scarlemagne seemed impressed with me and was about to continue until Sartori flailed her arms.

She scoffed at me "How dare you speak to me that way! I should've killed you right when we had you captured. Scarlemagne, please reconsider this! She's a human too! Why is she so special?! Why~" Scarlemagne raised his booming voice "THAT IS ENOUGH!" Everyone flinched at his sudden change in behavior. He pointed directly at Satori "I will not have you speak to your future empress that way, frog!"

"The next time another insult like that comes out of your mouth I won't hesitate to rip it off and feed it to my flamingos!" Everyone gulped as Scarlemagne straightened his posture again as his hands folded behind him. "Now, Mrs. Sartori.." he glared at her as she quivered in fear "Are. We. Clear?" She immediately nods her head and it felt like the atmosphere lightened a bit.