{11}

Lilith Swan

The first month back home was pretty uneventful aside from Bella's constant grumbling about being grounded. But to his credit dad was uncharacteristically and astonishingly strict about her seeing Edward after returning from Italy. Though I wonder how he would react if he were to find out that Edward was breaking into his  house every night. Watching his daughter sleep.

He was disconcertingly creepy.

Felix and dad got on like a house on fire after they first met and I had no ideas that Felix knew so much about football and fishing. However, I would make sense that he would have had a better understanding of the modern era due to being sent out on constant missions. We told dad that Felix was temporarily living on the outskirts of town while running some scholarly errands for Castle Volterra and he would be returning to Italy roughly the same time I would be set to depart. Demetri had sent over some of Felix clothes from Volterra and a copius amount of brown contact lenses for when we were around dad for long periods of time. But importantly for me I had managed to get approved by my university for me to do my final year online so that I could stay with my father, and after telling him that I was planning to move to Italy once I had my degree, he seemed pretty happy that I would be staying for a little while longer.

I was sat on what I have now claimed as 'my' chair by the window, trying to finish my assignment that was due next month. Maybe I was panicking but I always try and get my assignments does as quickly as possible. Felix was out hunting in Sequim, a small area not that much further than Port Angeles. Something about a treaty the Cullens had with the La Push boys that meant he couldn't hunt in Forks or the immediate surrounding area, which was probably for the best seeing as dad would have to be investigating any caught bodies. Though I highly doubt that Felix would be that sloppy with leaving behind evidence unlike the nomads. The front door slammed shut as Bella walked in and threw herself on the sofa next to Charlie.

"4 o'clock on the dot. That kid trying to brown nose me now or something?" He was just as scolding as ever.

"He has a name. And now he's too punctual for you?" Bella practically snapped. It's like she still didn't understand what she had done to him, or what she continues to do.

"Okay...You understand why you're being punished, right?" I don't think she does. Not really.

"I know, I put you through hell" Bella didn't sound particularly genuine, that and she was avoiding eye contact with dad now.

"Yes, you did. But I have other reasons for grounding you. Like uh I just want you to get some separation from him" Dad was trying to be nice about it now, he was much more gentle with his tone.

"Dad there's nothing you can say. Edward is in my life." She snapped forward on the sofa now making eye contact and getting typically defensive. She can't handle so much as hearing someone say that Edberto might not be with her forever. She  has never been able to accept the thought however her reactions are becoming more extreme.

"Yeah I'm gathering that. How about this? I'll make you a deal. You're not grounded anymore, if you use your new found freedom to see some of your other friends too, like...like Jacob. He's going through a really tough time right now. His dad's really worried about him. I remember when that was you. You needed a friend, Jake was there."  Dad was offput now, clearly showing his dislike of their relationship that they were so set on defending. Bella had been ignoring all her school friends for months now so I doubt that they would really want to talk to her after all this time. Unfortunatly for dad though Jacob didn't come without issues of his own, but I suppose he isn't allowed to know that, Billy would have told him otherwise.