Chapter Eight

I couldn't wait to update so here you guys are. Enjoy
.....

After hanging out with Chase that day we would hang out more and more. Sometimes with Tifanny and sometimes without. I think that most of the time Tifanny would make up some excuse to leave us alone because even though I'm dating Eric she believes I should dump his ass and date Chase because I belong with him.

"I see the way he looks at you. You must be blind not to see it because everyone in school sees it but you." She tells me one day at her house on a sleep over. I put down my magazine and give her a 'are you crazy in the head?' look.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tifanny just rolled her eyes then threw a pillow at me.

"Don't worry honey, I'll make it happen. And you'll thank me later for it."

After that conversation I didn't pay much attention to it. What she said isn't true. There's no reason for Chase to like me. I'm certainly not the prettiest, the smartest or the most popular. He deserves someone as great as him. And that isn't me. And anyway, I have a boyfriend.

But even though I keep telling Tifanny that I have a boyfriend and that Chase isn't into me she says she doesn't care what I say and that's why I'm hanging out with Chase right now. Not that I mind-I like hanging out with him. As friends hanging out or one of Tifanny's set ups.

Currently Chase has taken me out to a frozen yogurt place. He says that it's great but I haven't eaten from the frozen yogurt he bought. Not that he noticed and not that I care. He can enjoy it himself.

As we walk down the sidewalk near a park we talk about random stuff. But for some reason Chase stops talking and faces towards a couple.

"Is that Eric... with another girl?" Eric was too far away from us to see or hear him but Chase and I can see them clearly. They're holding hands and look like a real happy couple. And it makes me wish that I can have that. A real happy relationship. Why can't I have it? I haven't done anything wrong but all my relationships are abusive and there is no love. Why can't I be happy? Why does she get the good Eric And I don't? Why can't he act that way towards me? Instead I get stuck with the mad abusive boyfriends. But thankfully Chase doesn't know that. He just knows that Eric is a cheater.

"Can you leave it alone? They can be friends." I try to deny it so that he could let it go and we could go back to a fun time like before but he won't let it go.

"They're not friends if they're kissing." He points towards Eric and the girl and it clearly shows them kissing. "Aren't you going to do anything? He's your boyfriend. I can't let him do that to you. He can't treat you like that. You need someone better. Someone to teat you right. Are you even going to break up with him?" I look down at my shoes. He doesn't know why I can't break up with him and I can't tell him. Keeping secrets has been harder since Chase has gotten in the picture. All I want to do is tell him all my secrets. I want him to listen and not judge. I've been wanting to tell someone everything but the thing is I'm scared. So I keep everything bottled up.

"Our relationship is complicated. You don't know what he did for me. If you did, you'd understand why I'm with him. Maybe I will break up with him in the future. But for now, can you just drop it?" Chase rubbed his forehead and sighed. I knew he disagreed but he didn't say anything. He looked at me straight in the eyes for what felt like forever and gave up.

"Fine. But know that if you break up with him I'll be here for you. If you don't break up with him I'll still be here for you. Just promise me that you'll break up with him sooner or later." I know he says he'll be here for me, But can I really trust him? My father was here one day then gone the next with no explanation. And look at how my relationships have turned out. I trusted them and they broke my heart. They all left me cold and broken. I don't know who to trust. But I do want to trust him. I want to let him in. I want to tell him everything. But it's too soon. Maybe when I break up with Eric. Maybe sooner than that. I won't know until that day comes.

"I promise." There goes another promise I'll break. I should really stop making promises I can't keep.

.....

I finally got Chase to drop it and forget. When he did forget our time together was really fun. He took me to his house and we are watching a movie with his brother Mathew.

I have been to Chase's house twice. This is my third time. And the two times I never got a good look at his home. The first was for when we sang together but that was in his basement. The second was when we were studying for a science test. We were in his room for hours and only took a break to eat sandwiches and juice. The first two times I've been to his house it was empty and didn't feel homey. I wondered what he did when he was all alone in the house. If he had a thousand thoughts like I did or even he didn't have a thought to worry about at all, only to beat the next level in his video game that I learned he was observed with. But now his brother Mathew is here And it doesn't feel so lonely. It feels like someone is living in this house when Mathew is here watching a Disney movie with us.

"You know when I first met you I thought you were different. You weren't hanging out with me because I was hot or popular. You were just hanging out with me because I'm me." I smile at that. I think it's weird that he's saying this to me. I thought it would be me trying to be with him when really its him wanting to be with me.

"Well I'm glad you think I'm different because I very much like hanging out with you." Mathew was very focused on his movie so we were free to talk. Or so I thought.

"Are you two going to kiss? Cause I see mommy and daddy do it all the time. Its disgusting. Girls have cooties." He scrunched up his face I'm disgust.

"Then you wouldn't like it if I kissed you would, would you?" I started walking towards him slowly like he's my pray and he backed up in fear.

"No! Chase help me she's going to give me cooties!" I chased Mathew around the house and Chase followed until we all ended up in Mathew's bedroom. We were all pretty tired after that so Chase told Mathew that he should go to bed. Mathew didn't argue so Chase tucked him into bed and kissed him good night.

"He's such a cutie." Chase agreed with me.

"But if things don't work out with you and Mathew you can always go out with me. I'll be glad to get cooties from you." I laughed at his joke.

"I'll make sure to give you cooties when Mathew and I don't work out. Don't worry." We both walked back down stairs to the living room.

"Thanks for today. I'll see you later." I grabbed my jacket and he walked me towards the door.

"You can come by anytime. I'll always be here for you." I knew that he meant that he would be here for when I come over but also for when I break up with Eric. But I honestly don't know how long he would be there waiting for me. I don't think it'll be forever.

I walked home and had one of the best dreams I had had in a long time. I dreamed that everything was going to be ok. 

Omg I am so pissed that I had written this chapter and it got accidentally deleted so I had to rewrite it all over again. I don't believe it's as good as the first draft but since it got deleted and I don't remember everything this is what you have. Sorry if the story isnt going as good as you hoped. And if any of you guys want to make me a banner I would really appreciate it