Chapter Thirty-One

On our last day in New York Tifanny decided that it was a good idea to go to 6 flags since it isn't so far away. I didn't exactly want to spend our last day on scary rides that went up higher than my self esteem but I didn't have anything better to do for our group so we all agreed. We all packed our bags and left them in the hotel room because we knew we'd be gone the whole day. We did bring a lot of cash and water to hydrate ourselves and have enough money food and games and the shops. That was it really we only brought that with us and of course our phones. We didn't plan to get wet in the water section of six flags but we did. And it was fun. It was exciting.

The wait in line was torture. I would wait for almost an hour but the rides made up for it. Chase was my partner for most of the rides. And when I felt scared he would hold my hand right before the ride starts and kissed my hand right when we reached the top before we plunged down in screams.

Half way through the day my hair got disheveled but I didn't mind. I was having so much fun. And get this, I won Chase a Batman teddy bear. We bet on who would win who a prize first and I won. Sure it wasn't a huge stuffed animal that's cute and big enough to sit on but I was proud of myself and so was he.

We ate funnel cake and the ice cream was amazing. We had desert before our lunch. Weird. But after we ate our ice cream and funnel cake we bought an order of fries and chicken tenders.

I was glad that I agreed to this. The waiting was a pain. But it gave me a lot of time to talk to my friends. And we got a lot of attention from strangers off of Tifanny. She had the most hilarious facial expressions when we spot our photo on the screen. We all laughed and she'd pretend to be angry at us for making fun of her but she always joined in.

It was funny because she acted all tuff but she's actually a big softy.

At night it was one of the best things I've seen. After the sun would set and the sky was a dark blue the lights on the rides would turn on and it would glow from all those feet in the air.

We bought glow sticks and entered a store to buy a shirt that says something with 6 Flags Great Adventure on it. The shirt and our camera with tons and TONS of pictures on it will hold our memories. 

"I look hot in this one. Don't you think?" Tifanny posed for us and Ashley blushed when she agreed. Adorable.

I already picked out my shirt. And now with the confidence I've gained I show off a little more. Of course not with crop tops and shorts. But a little more skin and not so much fabric that covers up everything.

We took a stroll around the gigantic park one last time, both couples attached to each other. And it was a great day. And I couldn't wait to tell my mom all about it. If she had Facebook or Instagram though, she'd probably see everything we did. Every single ride, food and kiss that happened that day, is able to be seen on Tifanny's Facebook and Instagram account. The day was just amazing and I'd love to do it again. I just couldn't stop smiling from the memories of today's events.

(A/N: I won't write an actual scene of them in 6 flags so sorry for those who've never been but if you have then you know how it is. When I rewrite and edit this I promise there will be more details for you)

That's why when I got home to the sight of my house my happiness rushed out of me like a deflated balloon. My house was trashed. And I know by whom; Adam.

"Holy fuck."

No one was here but me to witness the mess he made because we were all tired and I told them to go home. Today's a Saturday so I don't know what my mother is doing. On a date? Still working? Out somewhere? Or maybe she is home because she got a day off from work? Whatever it is, she won't be happy to see this and will need an explanation as to why our house looks like a tornado passed through it.

I rush up the stairs to see if she's home and she isn't. Now I'm not worried about her seeing the mess but I am worried about her safety. Adam was in my house. He could've just taken my mom somewhere.

I start to panic. No. No. No. I grab my phone out of my pocket and dial my mom's phone number and hear it ring before going to voice mail. No. No. No no no. No. I call again. No answer. On the fifth ring of my seventh phone call she finally answers.

"Mom!"

"Yes sweetie I'm sorry I couldn't pick up. I was at a meeting."

"Thank God." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding and I felt weight lift off my shoulders. "Ok well get home safe ok?"

"Ok. I'll see you home... you are home right? You're supposed to be home today."

"Yes I'm home. And I missed you so hurry. Oh and I love you, mom."

"I love you too sweetie."

"Bye."

When she hung up I looked at the state of our house and almost shit myself from how nervous I was. Everything was thrown around. The couch cushions, papers, my movie rack was left opened and some CDs are out of their case. In the kitchen some dishes and silver wear were thrown on the floor and the cabinets were left open as well. Some glass was left shattered on the floor and I looked up to see that it was from a broken frame that held a photo of me. Up in my room, the damage was worse. There was even a dent on my wall that looked like it was repeatedly punched to make it. My mirror was written on with my favorite lipstick.

 This isn't the end

 I'll be back for you.

Maybe I should call the cops. They can handle Adam and I save my training just for self defense. I mean he got into my house, destroyed it and punched my wall that left a dent in it! He can even kill me. Maybe this training isn't enough for me to beat Adam.

I checked the other rooms and I was glad to find that they were untouched. Just before I made it downstairs to start cleaning up the mess before mom got home to lessen the mess I heard the front door open and the light steps of my mom walking inside our living room. I ran down the stairs to find her rooted in place from shock. Her eyes wide and not leaving the scene.

"Oh my God. Oh my God! What happened here, Diane!?"

"I don't know. I came home to this. Someone was in our house. That's why I called you a billion times to see that you weren't kidnapped or something! I'm sorry I didn't tell you on the phone."

"We need to call the cops. We need to call them." My mom opened her purse and pulled out her phone. She dialed the 3 digit number and held the phone up to her ear before speaking into the phone, "Someone got into my house and completely trashed the place... My location is 155 Medow St.... Yes... OK I'll wait here... no I don't know who could have done this... OK... thank you for your help." Then she hung up.

"The police are on their way."

"Well there's a bright side to all of this."

My mom looked at me as if I had grown three heads and announced that I was the queen on Mars. "And what is it?" she asked anyway.

"We have insurance. We'll get brand new stuff."

My mom laughed. A big laugh that had her clutching onto the couch and struggling to breathe. I just had to join in too. When we stopped laughing like a pack of hyenas from The Lion King, my mother spoke, "Insurance. Ok. Thank you for thinking on the bright side. But even if it covers for all this damage, will it insure that we are ok? That my baby is ok?"

I hugged my crying mother as she sobbed on my shoulder. Just then we heard sirens blaring from the cop cars which silenced us and kept us still in wait.

Adam is going down.

I'm sorry this is short so I'll update really soon and the chapter will be equally as short. But I have good news guys!!!!! This is almost over. My story is going to come to an end and I'm so proud and thankful for all of your support. THANK YOUUU EVERYONE