ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

My father pops the trunk and I go to grab my luggage. The first day back at hellton. Ahhh the beautiful aroma of sticks up peoples asses. Since they just allowed girls to go to Welton it is still heavily dominated by guys. Which means being around idiots 24/7, even if only the smartest of the smart can get in.

I grabbed my suitcase by the handle and start walking towards the entrance. My father following behind with my other suitcase. I walk up the stairs and walk down to the girls corridor I then pull out the letter that informs me of my dorm room. My dorm is the third room on the right. I pick my suitcase back up and walk to the door and open it. I quickly claim the right side of the room because the atmosphere there is just better than the left. I plop my suitcase down while my father sets the other one down on the side of the bed.

We exit the room and walk down to the little chapel. We take our seats and wait for the ceremony to begin. About five minutes later we hear the sound of bagpipes and the doors open. The men playing the bagpipes lead the line while four boys holding banners follow. They walk down the aisle and break apart when they are near the front of the stage. The boys holding the banners fanning out in the correct order of the pillars. I see my friend Neil holding the banner that has the word Excellence written across the top. He smiles at me and I smile back. The ceremony was a blur it's all the same although we did get a new english teacher. I think his name was Mr.Keating.

The ceremony was now over and I walked back to the car to say goodbye to my father. I gave him a hug and waved when he drove off. As soon as I couldn't see his car anymore I ran to the dorms. I opened the door to see a girl with black hair in her Welton uniform. She turns at the sound of the door opening. She gives me a soft smile. She is southeast asian with her black hair held back with a headband and a mole right above the right side of her lip.

"hello, I'm Nicolette. You must be my dorm mate! It's a pleasure to meet you!" Shes says in a cheering tone with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Hi, I'm Vivian! It's such a pleasure to meet you!" I smile back at her. I go to the side of my bed and start unpacking putting my stationary on my desk and making my bed. I hang up my clothes in the closet when I hear Nicolette call my name. I turn and see her looking at a piece of paper.

"Uh do you think you could show me around this campus is a lot bigger than I expected." She looked up from the map and puzzled.

"Sure! I'll show you to your classes and the bathroom and everywhere that is very important." I nodded, pushing up my glasses.

"Thank you so much Vivian you're a lifesaver!" she bunches the map up and puts her arms to the side. She asks if we could go now and I nod heading towards the door. She follows shortly behind me, I wait for her until she's by my side.

This is going to be a good year.