ᴄᴏᴏᴛɪᴇs

I woke up to the monitor knocking on our door signaling us to wake up. I lay in bed a few more seconds rubbing my eyes before putting my glasses on. Sitting up and stretch before moving to sit with my feet on the floor. The floor is cold giving my legs goosebumps. I shake them off and stand up doing another little stretch. My feet patter to my closet and I reach for my uniform. Nicolette is still laying down. I change into my uniform, grabbing my shoes and walking towards my bed.

"Nicolette are you up?" I questioned bending down slipping my shoes on. A groan and shifting of the bedsheets come from the side of her room. I finish tying my shoes and look up to see her getting up. Standing up and glide my hands down my skirt to get the wrinkles out. I adjust my tie and walk back to my closet. Sliding the hangers until I find my blazer. I take it off the hanger and put it on. I pull my hair into a ponytail with my red ribbon. A swift turn to see that Nicolette is dressed and tying her shoes. I walk to my desk and open the drawer with my tooth paste and toothbrush. I tell Nicolette that I'm going to the bathroom and she gives me a thumbs up.

I walk towards the end of the hallway to enter the bathroom. I brush my teeth and when I finished Nicolette just entered. Walking out of the bathroom I tell her that I'll be down in the cafeteria. Quickly telling her the way there incase she has trouble. Walking down the stairs I see Neil and some blond boy just a few steps ahead of me. I squeeze past the people to get near them. Squeezing my way to Neils left side I greeted them.

"Vivian this is Todd he's in our grade. He just came here from Battlecrest." Neil turns towards me. I look towards Todd and smile.

"It's so nice to meet you! I'm Vivian incase you didn't hear Neil." I stretched my hand out towards the boy and he shook my hand.

"I'm Todd, Todd Anderson." The boy stuttered his eyes darting all over the place.

"I'm so hungry I can't wait to see what we get!" Neil says enthusiastically rubbing his hands together.

"I bet you 50 cents there will be toast and eggs!" I exclaimed pointing a finger at Neil. Stepping off the last step he says "You're on" holding his hand out. I shake his hand letting go very roughly. Walking towards Todd's side I nudge him and tell him how I will split it with him if I win. He gives me a slight smile. Putting my hand infront of me to show my promise. He shakes my hand eagerly and a wide smile appears on my face.

We enter the dining hall and Neil looks around at kids plates. Toast and Eggs. I see the smile fade from his face. His eyes lost the sparkle. My laugh turning into something evil, very mischievous. I hold my hand out towards him and he shakes his head.

"I don't have it right now it's in my dorm." He says giving my a high five instead of my money. I look at him suspiciously, he smiles. I raise my hand and slap the side of his head.

"You better give me my money or I'm gonna have Todd here go ballistic only you!" I point a finger at buddy boy and emphasize ballistic. Todd looks at me lost, like he wouldn't hurt a fly. Neil laughs knowing Todd would never. We walk over to the lunch lady handing out trays. Taking a tray and walking down to a table. I take a seat next to Neil and try to save the seat to my right for Nicolette. The other boys walk towards the table, Charlie trying to sit in Nicolettes seat. I swat at him to get away while Charlie is fighting me for the seat. After taking so many hits he finally surrenders and sits at the end of the table. I see Nicolette and get out of my seat I warn the boys that if one of their asses touches mine or Nicolettes seat I will kick them to hell. Walking towards Nicolette I greet her and navigate her towards the lunch monitor. She gets her tray and we walk towards the table. I get back to my seat and see that my toast is gone.

"WHO TOOK MY TOAST!" I yelled putting my hands the on the table aggressively. Pitts face is stuffed and his eyes dart from side to side. Guilty. I sit down in my seat and Pitts is across from me.

"Give me your toast Pitts, I know you took mine, you look like a chipmunk." I stared at him.

"But you don't want half eaten toast! Right?" He muffled.

"Oh but I do, hand it over." I move my hand signaling him to give it to me. He sighs and hands me the toast. I smile and thank him. I spread butter on the half eaten toast and eat until I get to his bite marks. I hand the toast to him and he looks at me confused.

"Why are you giving it back?" He looks at me in disgust.

"I don't want cooties." I say crossing my arm.

"I don't have cooties! Why would I have cooties?" He leans his head forward with a confused face.

"I don't want to risk it, flat top." I looked at him sternly. Charlie let's out a snort. Pitts looks at me, takes the bread and takes a big bite of it.

"You eat the rest." he places the bread on my tray. I look at him and he smirks. Picking up the piece of bread and slowly put it up to my mouth. Glaring at him while I put the piece of bread in my mouth.

"See no cooties." He raises his eyebrows and his lips curve into a half smile.

That son of a bitch.

A/N
I'm so sorry it took a while to update