sᴛɪᴄᴋ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇs

We hand our trays to the lunch lady before exiting the dining hall. Neil then runs ahead of the group telling us he has to get something.He runs up the stairs skipping some of the steps. While we wait for him I turn to Nicolette to chat.

"So where did you go to school before starting here?" I questioned.

"I went to Ridgeway High. I believe it's not that far from here." She answered tapping her finger on her cheek. We continued talking about Ridgeway, I asked her how it was like and everything of that sort. Neil came back down the stairs and stopped right in front of me.

"Your shiny lovely quarters, m'lady." He bowed, placing the quarters in my hand.

"Thank you peasant boy." I smiled and curtsied. Neils smiled dropped and I heard a laugh from the boys. I walked over to Todd and placed a quarter in his blazer pocket. I held my finger up to my lip as to say it was a secret. Walking back towards Nicolette Pitts looks at me with suspicion. I wave him off and shake my head. He raises his eyebrow and I stuck my tongue out at him. I nudge Nicolettes shoulder and we break off from the group. We walk out to the courtyard to pass the time.

{time skip}

Mr.Nolan had called us into his office and told us our extracurriculars. Me and Nicolette got baking and would be in the same class but I got soccer instead of rowing. I am also an editor for the school paper and in honor club with Cameron. We walk back to our dorms and get ready for school the next day. Reaching under my bed for my suitcase I find the handle and pull it out. I flick the latches open and pull out the books. Throwing the books on my bed and sliding the suitcase back under my bed I go to put the books on my desk. I then tell Nicolette that I'm going to the little bridge. She nods and says she's going to lay down. Clutching my sketchbook I walk out and down the hallway. I turn the corner and continue walking. Once I reach the door I use my shoulder to push it open. Making a little turn and I am at the bridge. My mary janes make a clicking sound when hit against the stone. I bend down and scoot my back all the way to the little stone wall. Facing the sunset I take out my sketchbook and start sketching. I watch the sun go down taking in the beauty, watching it fall behind the building and sky turning different shades of orange. I hear clicking against the stone and I turn my head. I see a tall boy with a flat top.

"Hey flat top." I don't take my eyes off of the sunset.

"hello to you too captain cooties." He walks over to my left and plops down next to me. I give him the side eye. His hands reach towards my sketchbook and taking it out of my hands. I face him as he flips through the pages.

"these are really good." He says enthusiastically his eyes wide with a grin. I thank him. "You know I'm a great drawer too." I look at him confused. He motions his hand to give him the pencil and I place it in his hand. He shifts his body so I can't see what he's drawing and I let out a laugh. After a few minutes he looks up at me and hugs my book.

"Ok, on the count of three I'll reveal the drawing and your jaw will drop." He starts counting down and on three when he flips it my jaw drops. My eyes widen and my lips try not to curve into a smile. I quickly cover my hand over my mouth and let out a snort. His face drops and he puts his hand on my shoulder. "WHAT" he shouts and that set me off. I start laughing out loud with his drawing still engrained in my mind.

"THATS A STICK FIGURE WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE A GREAT ARTIST A FIVE YEAR OLD COULD DO THAT!" I saw in between laughs clutching my stomach at this point. He shoves my shoulder and crosses his arms.

"Well, I think this belongs in the Louvre, next to the mona lisa." He says confidently and that makes me laugh more. I fall on the right side of my shoulder and start laughing even harder. He's getting defensive and whining about how great his drawing is. He stands up and grabs my arms and pulls me up. I'm still laughing trying not to cry. He shoves the drawing in my face. "I drew you, do you really not like it?" He says rubbing his hand behind his neck. I stop laughing and wipe my eyes. I stare at the drawing and I see he has all of my distinct facial features from my glasses to my moles. I lookup at him.

"Your attention to detail is great, all the moles are in the right places." I state. He smiles at me. "So how long have you been staring at me to get that right?" I stick my hip out placing my left hand on my waist and raise my eyebrow. His face turns red and he smacks me on the top of my head with the book. My hands scramble to my head and I let out a groan. I shove him and pry my sketchbook out of his hands. I pick the pencil up from the ground and I start to draw him. I add his very defining features like his ugly hair cut and his nose. I flip it around to show him and he looks at me unamused.

"what is that big triangle on my face?" He looks at me puzzled.

"It's your nose!" I say. He reaches his hands out towards me but I duck under them and start running. He chases after me I start freaking out but not in a bad way. He finally catches up to my and picks me up and plucks the sketchbook out of my hand. He drops me back down on the floor.

"Give it back, flat top!" I jump trying to reach it but i'm unable to due to his height and him holding it above his head. He shakes his head and smiles. "You're not getting it Captain cooties." He replies.

"Hey lover boy stop making goo-goo eyes at Vivian and get ready for bed!" Meeks his dorm mate says. "Fine but I'm not making goo-goo eyes!" Pitts shouts back. He starts waking off.

"good bye flat top!" I say as I salute to him. He salutes back and I walk back into my dorm. I go and take my shoes off sliding them halfway under my bed. I start changing into my pajamas when I realize I never got my sketchbook. I run out of my dorm and down the hall. Being very careful when entering the boys hallway. I whisper shout Pitts' name trying to find his room. I hear a doorknob jiggle and I stiffen. The door opens and Neil appears I ask him where Pitts' room is and he smirks. "Are trying to ask him out?" Neil whispers with a huge smile. I freak and whisper shout denials at him. He points at his door and I walk down over to it. I lightly knock on the door and Meeks appears. I saw hi and Pitts rises from his bed. I ask him for my sketchbook back and he goes to retrieve it from his desk. I quickly thank him and go back to my dorm. Once in my dorm I flip through the the pages to find the drawing of me. Instead of finding the drawing I saw words.

"I didn't forget Captain cooties. ;)"

damn it.