Chapter 53

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 53

Dwarka, Dwapar Yuga

Sri Krishna was sitting in a small room in his palace. He was deeply meditating. His face had a peaceful expression in it. A few moments later, he opened his lotus like eyes. He took his golden flute in his hands and started playing a tune. It seemed like the time froze while he played his tune.

"Pranipat, Prabhu!" A soft voice was heard in the room. Sri Krishna stopped playing and turned his head towards the source of the voice. A Devta was standing there, with crossed hands.

Sri Krishna raised his right hand in a blessing gesture.

"Hey Padmanava, please accept the Pranipat of Viswakarma.", Viswakarma bowed his head again, "What is your order for this servant?"

Sri Krishna stood up, and came in front of the architect and engineer of the devtas.

"Sri Vishwakarma, Jayant had started worshipping you. Do you know the reason behind it?"

Sri Vishwakarma heaved a sigh.

"He wants the weapons of Kali Yuga. He wants firearms."

Sri Krishna smiled at the face of Vaastospataye, who was having a sad expression in his face.

"Then give him those weapons, Viraje."

Viswakarma's eyes became big like saucers. He was literally shocked to his core.

"Pardon me Prabhu, but giving Jayant those weapons...he will surely use them against the Pandavas. Now, I know that the Pandavas has your blessings on them, but still, these weapons have no soul of its own. They will rule the Kali Yuga. If Jayant gets them, then I don't know what type of havoc he can create. Besides...." He suddenly stopped.

Sri Krishna looked at him; a knowing smile was playing in his lips.

"Pardon me Prabhu, for even thinking that." Vishwakarma lowered his head and crossed his hands.

"No, Viraje, you are right. Jayant with a firearm is equal to Arjun with his Gandiva and Karna with his Vijay. He can even pierce the eye of the fish in Draupadi's swyamvar with a firearm. Still, I want you to give him those weapons."

"But why, Prabhu?" Vishwakarma pleaded to Sri Krishna.

"Jayant is planning to do hard penance of yours. If he managed to succeed, which he will, then you have to give him what he wants. But if you give him weapons without penance, then you can enforce some boundaries on it."

Vishwakarma's face cracked into a smirk. He nodded affirmatively.

"But remember, do not underestimate him. Take each and every step and say each and every word with utmost care."

"I will Prabhu, I will. Now permit me to leave. After a long time, I will meet Jayant again. He is all grown up now."

Sri Krishna smiled again, and blessed him. Then Sri Vishwakarma vanished in air.

Sri Krishna went to the window and looked outside. There was a big tree outside the boundary wall of his palace. He saw a purple coloured snake on the topmost branch of the tree.