Chapter 19

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 19

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Unknown POV

Well done, Jayant Roy, well done indeed!

This is the first time when some human defeated me. You are not a normal human. You have unlimited blessings of Mahadev. You are a tough nut to crack.

You choose to become Duryodhana, but refuse to recognise his evilness. You are channelling the little goodness he had, and managed to increase it. This is a high achievement, I must admit.

Greed, lust, arrogance and envy... these four forces directed the original Duryodhana throughout his life. But, you don't have these things, Jayant. But you have a tremendous urge to prove yourself... You don't want to prove that Duryodhana is better than the Pandavas. You want to prove yourself better than the Pandavas.

Really, Jayant, you are a unique personality. No other man from Kali Yuga is as much unique as you. I also know the original cause of you disliking the Pandavas. It amuses me so much. But, human emotion is a strange thing. I know about human emotions, because I have to manipulate them to make them my slave.

But, you defeated me Jayant. Not only you have defeated me, but also I have lost a lot of my strength. I drew my strength from the shadripus (six enemies), Kama (lust), Krodha (anger), Lobha (greed), Moha (attachment), Mada (arrogance) and Matsarya (jealousy). They will be the dominant traits of Kali Yuga. But the time of Mahabharata is the time of 'Yugasandhi', that means end of Dwapar and beginning of Kali Yug. This means the traits of Kali Yuga is increasing. But still, I have to wait many years to find my full strength. The princes are going to the Gurukul now. I cannot enter there because that environment is not suitable for me.

But do not worry. I can wait. Yes, now I have to wait for the right time, more specifically, to wait for her. She will help me without her own consent. She will help me to destroy every single king in this land. She will help me by bathing in blood. She will help me because without her, Mahabharata will be incomplete. She will force Jayant to do the vilest sin, just like the incidents happened in Tripura and Mahadev destroyed it.

Then, the massive destruction would happen. The earth will be tainted with blood. Sinners will be killed, and righteousness would win. But, it is the amount of sin that fuels my energy. Sometime, one single man could cause a sin equal to thousands of men. This time, people will discard every human feeling. They will only wish for one thing.

Death! Blood! Murder!

Wow! Even thinking about it is filling my mind with joy and sadistic pleasure. The people say that you must wait to eat the sweet fruit. I will wait too.

But, will I leave without any mark?

No! No! That is not possible!

Now, where is Bheem?

Kripacharya POV

I was waiting in front of the palace gate. Kripi and Ashwatthama were standing beside me. Both of them were literally glowing with joy.

Suddenly, I heard Ashwatthama's excited voice,

"Look at there mata, pitashri is coming."

I saw them too. Dronacharya was walking towards us. Arjun was walking beside him. Then I saw Gangaputra, who was walking behind him, holding the unconscious body of Duryodhana in his hands.

Ashwatthama ran towards them. He at first touched his father's feet. Dronacharya hugged him, and gave his blessings. Then he looked at the unconscious form of his friend.

"Pitashri, what happened to him? What happened to my mitra?"

I was looking at Drona's face. His smile vanished in a moment. The emotion that replaced his smile was pain and sadness. But he somehow composed himself, and said, "No, putra, I don't know what happened to him. He suddenly falls on the ground and lost his sense."

Now, I walked towards them, along with Kripi.

"Pranipaat rishiputra!" I greeted him.

"Pranipaat Kripacharya!" He greeted me too. He had a smile in his face again, but his eyes were sad. What happened to him?

I was silently thinking, when I again heard his voice.

"The young prince was standing in front of me. Suddenly he became pale, and then fall on the ground, unconscious. I checked his vitals. His vitals are normal."

True to his words, I saw Duryodhana moving a little bit in Gangaputra's hand. He noticed that too. He ordered Arjun to fetch some water. Arjun was going to run, when rishiputra stopped him. He chanted the mantra of 'Varunastra', and invoked the weapon. In a moment, a thin line of water started pouring over Duryodhana's mouth.

Arjun was looking at Dronacharya with awe. Even Dronacharya noticed that too. I saw a thin smile in his face, again.

Duryodhana now regained his full consciousness now. He murmured a small apology to them. Both of them blessed the two boys, and ordered them to go to their room. Then the three of us went to meet Maharaja Dhritarashtra.

Maharaja welcomed rishiputra with honour. I told him about Drupad's attempt to burn the grains of Sona Village. Drona was literally shattered after hearing this. But he was more shocked after hearing about Duryodhana and his group's fight with the bandits, in which, his son played a key role.

Gangaputra asked him what happened between him and Drupad. He refused to answer the question. He only said that Drupad insulted him. We did not pressurize him to say more. But, we felt that Drona was hurt very deeply.

"So, kulguru, Dronacharya is here now. We have to establish a gurukul for him." Maharaja said.

"Yes, sire. We have a very auspicious day for sending the princes after fifteen days from today." I said. Drona nodded affirmatively.

"Very well then, I will make the necessary arrangements today. The gurukul will be ready in ten days. I will supervise the work." Gangaputra said in a determined voice.

So, this is chapter 19.

This chapter is a little bit short. But, the next chapter would be bigger.

Please read, vote and COMMENT.