56 | In Trouble

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

GIANITA

"What do you mean you aren't flying home today?" Gigi fumed angrily on the telephone as her husband told her that his homecoming was, again, delayed by a day. She would've understood had it only occurred once, but it had been happening for a week. Three weeks in total he'd been gone to Archambault only to take care of those refugees! He only planned to go for two weeks!

This morning she had expected him to have arrived home, arms wrapped around her so she could rest snugly against that warm, broad chest; palpating her palm on that supple ass. Only to have her yearnings disintegrated into dust.

"I am terribly sorry, my darling. Apparently, my associates needed two more days to get here since they're being paralyzed by the disaster. Also to avoid being discovered by that King."

"Sounds like you're the one avoiding me! And there will be a disaster if you don't come home now! Today's our scheduled fitting for Junior's party; do you really want to do this for his birthday?" she demanded. "It has been over a week now, Sire. A week! You have never been late before. Have the emissaries from that troublesome country poisoned you with their bad attitudes?"

"Do mind your temper, Gi, you're forgetting yourself," Cal warned.

"Am I? If there's someone who has 'forgotten' anything, it's you!" Gigi rasped, feeling herself getting angrier. "You've put off your family only because that distressed damsel named Seol-il is screaming for you to save them! I really hope you are happy together!" Her husband said nothing at the other end of the line, and she spilt a few tears as she heard his regretful sigh. "Do your son and I really mean anything to you? You... you won't even come to touch me— you've lost interest in me!"

"Of course, darling. If only you could know how much I've missed you! Can't you see that I'm dying to— which is why I offered you about the telephone thing... right?"

"That's not real intimacy, that's perversion!" she spat in disgust. "How could we do it over the telephone?"

"Gi, I'm sor—"

Without saying another word, she hung up. Her whole body felt hot and tingly due to all the tension. Taking a gulp of air, she tried to digest how she could feel so incredibly upset that she allowed her anger to get the best of her. She'd always kept her anger in check, but this time she felt angrier than usual. Mother had always said that losing control was very unbecoming for a queen or an empress, much less to their own husband, she should just apologize to him later.

...Or not.

The front door opened, revealing Gita Dian bringing in a wooden-legged breakfast tray. "Enjoy your breakfast, Your Majesty." She laid the tray over Gigi's lap. "Anglese cottage pie, as you requested."

"Thank you, Dian. This looks really good, I'm starving." Gigi beamed brightly, the delectable smell of the pie filling her nostrils. Eagerly taking a spoonful of pie, she shoved it into her mouth. Ever since she had eaten it on their honeymoon, the pie had been one of her favourite Anglese food. It might be a little heavy for breakfast, but Prajans were used to having a full meal in the morning and she had been craving something savoury to dig into. Perhaps it was because she'd been missing Cal, too.

"Since His Majesty isn't arriving yet and you're having breakfast in bed, how should we serve the Prince's meal?"

"Oh, His Majesty isn't coming home today," she revealed sadly. "Another setback in his schedule, he told me. Just bring the Prince's breakfast to his room, would you? I'd hate to have him eating down there by himself."