62 | Dominion

Follow me on Instagram @.meirinasoe!
I post a lot of TSE aesthetics and edits 🐍

.·。.·゜·༺♥༻ ·゜·。.

SEOL-IL

April 1934

The Border

A huge body of Seolian soldiers was gathered near the border to unleash one last blow at the remaining camps of Angletonian soldiers. Once hiding in surrounding regions, all the remaining troops had joined together to deliver the last blow, now that the Angletonian forces had almost retreated completely.

Since most of their generals had died in the war, the royal Princes were assigned to lead at the front. It was midnight, and although the air was wet and chilly they were prepared to take the soldiers out by surprise while they were resting.

It was time to teach those invaders a lesson.

"After we burn down their last hiding spots, capture every traitorous peasant so we can incarcerate them all at once!" ordered the Crown Prince.

Near dawn, the Seol-il troops surrounded the last base of Angletonian military camps, throwing flaming arrows and spears at them as the firing squad waited at the perimeter, waiting to shoot any fleeing soldiers.

The Prince watched close by, satisfied.

"Your Highness!" one of the soldiers sprinted back to them. "The tents are all empty! There was nobody there!"

"What?" The Prince was struck aghast, but before he could process this turn of events, the sky was raining fire on them.

"A trap! It's a trap!" some of the men shouted through the garrison.

"They've been waiting for us!"

There was a loud thunderous sound coming from above and everyone raised their heads to the horizon. A squadron of military aircraft appeared before the rising sun, charging directly at them.

"Fire," Cal commanded from one of the planes, dropping the bombs to the surface. In mere seconds, the ground beneath them exploded.

All this while, Angletonia had been fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. They were only releasing their ground forces, but now that they'd unleashed their aerial power, how would an underdeveloped country like Seol-il stand a chance?

The planes manoeuvred, ready to release another set of explosives. Bodies were scattered on the ground. The men who attempted to escape the field were soon gunned down by the fighter planes. A soldier leapt before the prince as an airstrike was directed at him.

The Royal Palace

"What?" The King rose up from his seat. "A surprise attack?"

"Yes, Your Majesty," informed a palace aid, cowering in fear. "One of the troop leaders sent this message through his eagle!"

"But that's impossible! They were just retreating! Even if they meant to deceive us by leaving, they wouldn't be able to reach the field that quickly!"

"It was an aerial attack. I-I heard the princes were killed on the spot."

"Your Majesty!" The head guard ran in with a number of soldiers.

"Now what's this?"

"A group of rioters are on their way! They want to overthrow the royal family!"