Choosing Fate .:6:.

Tamora Renee Skeef hurried down the corridors, adjusting her collar of her smart white T-shirt and smoothened her black shorts against her pale legs. Her hair however cascaded down her back like a silver waterfall, her matching silver-coloured eyes with brown rings around the pupils to define her eyes.

“All right,” she muttered to herself, searching out Room 104 bright and early in the morning. Right now would the time when most of the students would be waking up and she would be right on time.

Her heart hammered nervously in her chest. Calm down Tam! Tamora scolded herself. She’s only several years younger than you!

Tamora looked up and stopped in front of the room with the numbers 104 engraved sleekly into it. Taking a deep breath, she held up a hand and rapped her knuckles on the door.

“Hello?” Tamora called nervously, her hand wrapping around the doorknob. To her surprise, it was open and immediately her blonde eyebrows furrowed. Did something happen? Was Emerie all right?

She bolted into the room, searching frantically for the new girl and was relieved to find her fast asleep on the comfortable bed in the corner.

“Emerie,” Tamora said, clearing her throat loudly. “Emerie breakfast is almost ready and you need to be wide awake.”

No answer.

Emerie let out a groan, rolling over and wished the annoying voice of her conscience would just go away.

“Emerie!”

Immediately the black-haired girl rolled onto the floor, attempting to get up but the sheets had tangled up with her limbs.

“What?” she snapped, narrowing her eyes at Tamora who looked taken aback by her fierce expression.

“I – uh –um – erm well you see I’m your tour guide,” Tamora stammered, mouth twisting into a nervous smile. “Sorry to wake you up but I’ll be giving you a tour around the whole Academy.”

Emerie groaned, flopping back into bed with the sheets wrapped around her like it would to a mummy. “Fifteen more minutes, maybe thirty?”

Tamora let out a low chuckle. “If you haven’t noticed, I’m an Air Elemental. I’m quite fast . . . especially at changing.

“What . . .” Emerie trailed off, black eyes widening. “Jeez you are not going to change me! I don’t have a change of clothes anyways!”

She gestured to the wrinkled hoodie and jeans she had slept in.

Tamora let out a clucking noise with her tongue and opened up the wardrobe.

It looked barren and empty; the complete opposite to her own wardrobe; and she had her own room!

She shook her head and took the girl by the wrist. “I have plenty in my own closet you can borrow.”

“Don’t think that this is a good chance for you to get buddy-buddy with me,” Emerie growled, stumbling after Tamora as the tour guide literally dragged the half-asleep girl down the corridor and around the corner, straight into the first room on the left.

“All right your shoes . . . will be fine,” Tamora said bossily, rummaging through her closet.

Emerie found Tamora’s perfectly made bed and jumped onto the bed, messing up the sheets.

“Well . . .” Tamora trailed off, pulling out a neatly folded white tunic and a pair of leggings to go with it.

Tamora scowled when she found the girl sleeping on the bed that she had just made!