Ch. 75 - AMPLIFICATION

Chapter Seventy-Five🌒 Amplification 🌘

🌒 Amplification 🌘

Lydia, Scott and Stiles looked up when Deaton walked into the examination room of the animal with an envelope. "What I'm about to show you isn't supposed to exist." Deaton said before pulling out a stack of pictures from the envelope, "This is the only surviving evidence of Dr. Valack's time as Chief Medical Officer of Eichen House." He said as he started placing pictures down onto the table.

Each photo was of dozens of different supernatural creatures, including what appears to be Werewolves, Kanimas, and Wendigos, all of whom have had holes drilled into their skulls, and all of whom appear to either be in excruciating pain or dead. "To call it human experimentation would be... charitable." Deaton said.

Lydia's eyes subconsciously moved to a specific photo and picked it up slightly. It was of a recently-deceased woman with a hole drilled into her forehead, who is clutching the sides of her head, her mouth open in a silent scream. "A Banshee. She died screaming." He said making her head shoot up to look at him wide eyed.

"So, he drilled holes into their head? All of them?" Stiles asked making Deaton look over at him, "That was the experimentation part. He did it to Werewolves, Banshees, Seers, Wendigos... Any creature he could get his hands on. And Valack found that trephination would initially heighten their powers, but to levels that couldn't be contained."

"So, he wants to make Wren more powerful?" Scott asked and Lydia sighed and shook her head, "Except she's going to end up like them." She said as she gestured to the photos.

"Worse, actually. Wren's abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. There's a thing with Seers. They're rare, only a handful of families have the Seer blood like and every women of those families are Seers. But when a Seers mother dies, the mother's powers are transferred to the daughter, along with all the power from their ancestors. Putting a hole in her head... will be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. She'll see everything- every death, every traumatic moment both in the past and the future that's happened to people within a hundred miles, all at once." Deaton said making Lydia's eyes widen, "That'll kill her." She said.