CHAPTER 3 : LET'S GET MARRIED

The car ground to a standstill in front of the Star Palace's back door. It was the same hotel where I was evicted a while back. Even though I didn't particularly enjoy my job, it was humiliating to get kicked out.

I exited the car once the man unlocked the door for me.

"This is-"

"Star Palace." He completed the sentence for me.

"Please follow me." Turning toward the hotel's back door, he included it.

"Uh, Mr.-, uncle Hemant?" I blurted out, unsure of what to name him. I didn't want to address him by his first name as he requested.

Uncle Hemant stopped in his tracks and spun around. His orbs were wide with wonder.

"Do you mind if I call you Uncle Hemant?" I inquired, observing his unwavering stare.

"As you wish. I won't mind." Finally, he spoke out, smiling. Uncle Hemant seemed like a nice person.

"All right, Uncle Hemant, I just wanted to let you know that the manager won't let me in since I lost my job, and he forbade me from ever coming back." I briefed him on the existing scenario.

"Was it all you were concerned about?"

I nodded my head at his question.

"Don't worry.

Everything will be taken care of." He winked while opening the back door, and then we stepped inside.

People who were working there modified their perspectives towards us. My former coworkers' faces were a mix of shock and bewilderment. Several of them glanced at me with cynicism.

Manager Tyagi, unfortunately, was also present in the hall. He was engrossed in a conversation with someone else when his gaze strayed to me, and I swear I saw him clamp his teeth as if he was about to swallow me alive.

"You?" He aimed at me and sprinted forward, pointing his finger at me.

"Haven't I told you not to come back here? You have the audacity to-"

Uncle Hemant jumped in between us and stopped Manager Tyagi from getting any closer to me, cutting off his words. "Excuse me?"

"Mr. Sharma, y-"

Uncle Hemant cut him off again."Yes, Master Darsh's P.S., Hemant Sharma."

"Yes, but why are you using the back door?

And, above all, why is this girl here?" The manager demanded, glancing at me with a keen gaze. I stood behind Uncle Hemant's slim yet tall physique, trying to blend in.

"Miss Khushi Acharya can't enter through the main entrance due to the media having swarmed the area."

"She is not permitted to enter!" Manager Tyagi proclaimed with a firm tone.

"Ah, I see." Uncle Hemant rubbed his chin.

"Therefore, Master Darsh will have to relocate." He said that after a while, and that platitude was enough to make Mr. Tyagi gape.

"Mr. Sharma, what are you saying?

Mr. Darsh Sinha is a frequent visitor and VIP client of our facility.

Why would he want to leave?" The creases of stress on Tyagi's temple were coherent as he uttered those words.

"Take a look at this young lady here, Mr. Whatever." Uncle Hemant addressed me politely. "Miss Khushi Acharya is Master Darsh's guest. Her criticism will get interpreted as criticism of my master.