35| back together

Austin had decided to come in to grab something and saw Kane trying to find something

Kane at first thought he was busted but seeing the way he acted, he appeared to be slightly high. Perfect, he thought to himself.

Helping him to the couch to rest, he then resumed the search.

It was a chore trying to find that one piece of paper that would dictate his life.

Where was Jessica you might ask? She was out shopping with her friends and he knew that she would take hours before she would return back.

Quietly and stealthily, he searched through the office but he could not find it.

He was racing against time, with Austin able to wake up at any given moment.

Bingo! He thought. Smiling to himself, he took the contract. With speed, he quickly left the office and went to the police as evidence but not forgetting to make a copy of it.

Then, he also redid the contract that was supposedly to benefit Austin to benefit Kane instead and forged Austin's signature.

Hopefully Austin was not that observant.

It was planned that the police were coming to arrest them all in a simultaneous raid tomorrow. Weeks of fake planning was just for this one moment.

On the other hand, Leah had received lots of media attention as she had supposedly cheated on him.

As such, she didn't leave the house much to prevent reporters from bombarding her about how much of a bitch she was.

Even if she did leave, it was just to get some fresh air.  But she wasn't complaining. It was pretty much an introvert's dream.

Leah just hoped Kane was well and everything was coming into place.

•••

After sorting the papers out, he went back and placed the fake contract back, luckily with ease. Austin was still lying in the same position and he stealthily placed it back. Kane had made sure he was actually asleep before placing it back.

Knowing how cunning he is, Kane had to make sure he was not playing any tricks on him. If not, things will get out of hand.

They were supposed to meet Austin tomorrow to sign the contract.

Jessica assumed Kane was still upset from Leah cheating on him and she thought that Kane would trust her now.

She could not wait for to see how proud her father will be. With the completion of this task, she would be able to do more jobs assigned by her father.