chapter 8

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Ying Ye felt very upset

Ying Ye felt very upset. Cheng Tao was not listening to him. The man had not changed; he was only pretending to change. Ying Ye felt his blood boiling when he thought that Cheng Tao was treating Liu Qiao as a lab experiment.

"Y-you! What is Liu Qiao to you?!"

If Cheng Tao could answer that question honestly, he'd say roommate, but that was not the answer he was expecting.

"Let's turn the question around; what is Liu Qiao to you?" Cheng Tao asked smugly.

"Unlike you, I love-"

"Hold your tongue before you answer that question. I will give you some time to think about your answer."

Cheng Tao got up and took a glass of wine from the table. He leaned against the railings and lifted his head to look at Ying Ye.

"I love Liu Qiao," he said sternly.

Cheng Tao closed his eyes and took a sip of wine. This person looked in his early twenties, about 23. Ying Ye seemed to be of the same age as Liu Qiao, except, unlike Liu Qiao, he wasn't maltreated and still had a childish mind.

"And what is it you like about Liu Qiao?"

Cheng Tao knew that Liu Qiao was popular in high school, and he was one of the many suckers who liked Liu Qiao, but like and love are two different things and Ying Ye needed to know that as well.

"Liu Qiao is kind, caring and very friendly. He's a person with a fragile heart."

"So, you're saying if you see another person like that, you'd automatically fall in love with them. That's rather interesting, Ying ye.I'm going to ignore this conversation to keep peace. But, I'm going to say this right now, Liu Qiao is not looking for a love interest but a friend," Cheng Tao said.

"What are-"

"He's not looking for someone to give him advice, but someone to listen. That's all people often think a person talks to you because they want your advice, but in truth, all they want is someone to listen without judgment, and you, Mr. Ying Ye, have failed.

You should be listening to Liu Qiao, hear his plea as a friend and when he is ready he'd ask for your advice but you just made a decision for him completely stunned he grew as a person," Cheng Tao said.

Cheng Tao had planned on sending Liu Qiao back to school, but his social skills and mentality weren't strong enough to handle society. Therefore, he'll have to adapt on his own and then take the first step.

Cheng Tao grew up in an abusive home and was a troubled child at school. He once had a friend like Ying Ye, a righteous idiot. Cheng Tao considered it his biggest mistake to talk about his family's situation with a person who is so heroic.

Cheng Tao grew up in a house filled with violence, and his father was a powerful individual. The day his father heard the news of him loosening his lips was the day he hated the heroic idiot. Cheng Tao could never forget, and his father never let him.

All the person had to do was listen and look how it turned out. But he went to tell the teacher, who later approached his father.

That was the first time Cheng Tao was raped, and as if that wasn't enough, his mother was forced to watch. His mother was so traumatised that she couldn't hang in anymore and commited suicide.

Cheng Tao still remembered her hanging corpse from the time he was 13.