chapter 42

Soon there was the sound of small sniffles, Cheng Tao released the breath he was unconsciously holding. He put the baby in Liu Qiao's lap then picked him up as he headed outside and into his car with both of them.

The air inside was heavy, in the back Liu Qiao sat lifeless despite being alive. His eyes were dull, why was he suffering so much and why was it he could never be free. He was no longer okay and could never be. 

They stopped by the private hospital and checked in, Liu Qiao had yet to say a word or a  sound and barely moved, he was traumatised. It seems like there were some issues with Lihui's breathing and she had to be hospitalised. She was now in an incubator with machines attached to her to help her through this stage. 

He was looking at Liu who was unconscious, Cheng Tao listened to the doctor who was speaking. "Mr. Cheng, he has a few broken ribs, four broken fingers on both hands, bruises and cuts all over his body, signs of forced entry………" 

Cheng Tao looked at the heart monitor, as it beeps. Looking at Liu Qiao who was unconscious it seems he was most at rest when he's unconscious. Maybe he should put him at rest permanently. There was no going back from this, broken. It was his fault.

He thought he could play the hero but only brought him more misery, he should have divorce him and set him free.

After a day passed, Liu Qiao opened his eyes. He was tired. He looked at the side of the room to see Cheng Tao sleeping while sitting up. He didn't say anything as he looked to the other side and saw the heart monitor, he also looked at the IV bags that were stitched to him. He lifted up his hand, he hissed realising there was a heavy pain in them but didn't stop he went the IV stitch one more time. He turned his head one more time but his breath hitched when he saw Cheng Tao looking at him or specifically his arm.

The heart monitor starts to beep faster as Liu Qiao panics, Cheng Tao did not say anything he just kept looking. Liu Qiao was in a panic as his heartbeat beat painfully.

He was scared, what Cheng Tao was going to do. Cheng Tao leans over, "pulling out the IV stitch won't kill you if that's what your hoping for" 

Liu Qiao's already shattered heart breaks into tiny more pieces, Cheng Tao did not care. He tried to kill himself but the tone and his words proves that he was only an object at Cheng Tao disposal.

Cheng Tao, conflicted and torn by Liu Qiao's situation understands that he wants to end the pain but pulling out the IV will not kill him, he doesn't know how to help Liu Qiao at this point, Nothing he says or does will help Liu Qiao. He inherited an abuser's body and like abusers he will be treated a such, Liu Qiao looked 

A few days later, Chao Niu found that his rival was not answering or showing up. He was terrified of what could happen to him. Being a mother is a stressful and worrying thing so of course he'd help as much as he can. He can even baby sit at Liu Qiao's house while he gets some sleep. The young mother looks as though his situation was stressful, maybe money? If so he could offer some! As mothers and rivals it is better to strengthen one's rival so when they can stand on their own they are a worthy opponent. It may be a long process but he is willing to wait.

(A/n: this guy I want him as my rival he seems better than so called friends making sure his rivals are healthy before facing off)

But he then learns that his rival was in the hospital, one who answered the phone was not in fact his rival but a man with a very intimidating voice, judging by the weird foreign man he met the other time, he can guess his rival was not a good judge of character. So this man with a heavy voice was worrying. 

The man had told him where his good rival was so he decided to bring over things that will make the hospital more comfortable but learning that this was a private hospital he felt his offers were useless but still, what does it matter an offer is still an offer it's the thought that counts plus hospital food was not the best.

But the moment he reached his good rival's room, his good rival was not good at all.

A/n

Hahaha

Bet you thought another million years for this chapter eh?

Dare you to lie!!