23 - Good morning

Peace

Peace. Warmth. Comfort.

Feelings I haven't felt in a long while. These often come as a consequence of being loved or wanted or cared about. That's something I hadn't had ever since my dad left.

But right here, right now, waking up in his arms, I feel like I don't need anything else.

And that's something that not even Dean has accomplished during all the time we were together.

Yesterday, everything I wanted was to be left alone. It's all I've known.

I've sucked it up and came to terms with it long ago. 

However, the feeling of having someone to listen in on my stupid problems, someone to comfort me and, for once, take care of me instead of it being the other way around.

Denying my feelings for him wasn't even possible anymore. After that kiss, there's no point in lying to him or myself. It's been there ever since he fell on top of me and it has only grown.

Dylan has that bad boy look, for sure. 

It works for him but once he shows that dazzling smile he has, he's done for. There's not an ounce of bad boy gene in this guy. It's impossible.

The only person who is persistent to know how I am doing; the one who makes sure I eat - even if he doesn't even know I am "starving"; the one who brightens my dark days by putting a genuine smile on my face. 

This is a big, muscly teddy bear who will make it impossible for you to fall for him.

And I know that once I start falling, it'll be a freefall in which I'll faceplant right on the fucking floor.

"Hmmm." Dylan's groggy voice sounds from behind me. "You smell so good."

He snuggles even further into my hair, pressing his nose to the base of my neck. It makes me shiver and I squirm, trying to shake it out. A growl leaves his lips at the same time his hand grips my hip tightly against him. Against his hard-on.

"I was a gentleman last night but don't expect my resilience to last that much when I'm sporting a morning wood." And to prove his point he grinds against my ass, making me gulp.

Whoopsies?

"Dylan," I sigh.

"Goodmorning, baby," he whispers.

"I'm not your baby," I scowl.

"Right, right," he grins against my neck, pecking at it, quickly. "Do you prefer Lulu?"

"No!" I snap back, he chuckles but doesn't press. "Thank you," I whisper, this time.

"What for?" 

"For picking me up and putting up with me and my fucked up life." 

His head lifts and I can already imagine the frown on his face, even though my back is still facing him.

"Hey," he calls and when I don't answer he grabs my chin and turns my head to the side, to look at him." I don't put up with you, I like - no, I love - spending time with you. And I'll always be here for you, no matter what."