Overprotective Part 1 - Tanjiro (bottom) x male reader (Demon Slayer)

A/N: My very first request! Hope you guys like it!

@Lilyxx thanks for the request hope you enjoyed it!

~AOI's POV~

I walked out of the estate to help the triplets with the laundry. I grabbed the basket and started to hang the wet bedsheets.

"Has Tanjrio come back yet?" I asked.

Kiyo: No he hasn't

Sumi: Yea his mission is taking longer than usual

Naho: Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Nezuko were wondering when he's coming back

"Yea even Y/N was wondering about him, he sent me a letter wondering about him

Y/N has been worried about him. He even came over yesterday wondering about him.

"I hope he's alright"

A few minutes later we heard a noise at the entrance.

Kiyo: What was that?

We all ran to the entrance and saw Tanjiro on the floor unconscious and bleeding on his sides.

"Oh my! Let's get him inside! One of you get Shinobu-san here!"

Naho volunteered and ran back inside to look for her and Shinobu came back.

Shinobu: Oh no! Come on girls help me carry him to the room!

She said worriedly.

We all carried him to an empty room.

~Timeskip~

~Y/N's POV~

I was busy picking flowers from my garden and I saw my crow flying towards me. I thought it was another mission so I grabbed my sword.

Y/N's Crow: Caw! Shinobu has requested you at the butterfly estate for an emergency! Caw!

"Lead the way"

I followed the crow for a good hour and I saw the butterfly estate come to my view. I ran towards the entrance and saw Aoi talking with Shinobu.

"You called what's the emergency?"

Shinobu: Aoi take him to the room

"What room? What's going on!"

Shinobu: I'm so sorry Y/N

That is what I last heard before Aoi dragged me into the estate. We were walking into the halls. i feel Aoi shaking which is making me nervous.

"Can you tell me what's going on?"

Aoi: Its Tanjiro

She said worriedly. My eyes widened in fear. Thinking of the worst-case scenario.

"W-what"

Aoi: He's in here. He came back from his mission and he fell unconscious and was bleeding. We cleaned up the wounds. Luckily they're healing but he's been very tired so give him some time to wake up

"O-okay"

I opened the door slowly and saw Tanjiro's arms and torso covered in bandages. My eyes started watering as I walked next to his bedside and grabbed his hand softly.

Aoi: I'll leave you guys be. Shinobu will come in a moment to check up on him

"Okay. Thank you guys so much. I'm so glad he's alright"

Aoi: It's what we do Y/N-san. I'll give you two privacy

I nodded and looked back at Tanjiro's sleeping form. I heard the door close and I couldn't hold my tears in. I placed my head on his lap and silently cried.

"Tanji. Please be okay *hich* Its been lonely without you for the past few days. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I could've protected you and you're like this because of me. P-please *hich* please come back to me"

I whispered to him hoping he can hear me. A few moments came by and I felt his arms move a bit. I looked up and saw him opening his eyes.

Tanjiro: Y-Y/N

"Hey. How are you? Are you feeling any better?"

Tanjiro: H-hey Y/N. I think I'm feeling better. wait wheres Nezuko

"Don't worry she's alright she's still sleeping"

Tanjiro: Thank goodness

He whispered. I started shaking again.

"I was so worried Tanji *hich*. I thought-"

He stopped me before I said anything else.

Tanjiro: Please don't finish that sentence I'm fine and as long as I live I'll never leave you. Please stop crying I don't like seeing you cry. Remember the promise I made you when we started dating.

He grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He smiled softly at me. God, that smile. He used his other hand to wipe my tears and stroked my cheek lovingly.

"Yes, I remember. I'm sorry, I'm just glad you're alright and with me"

I laid next to him and pulled him into a hug, softly holding him, being afraid that I might hurt his wounds. He wrapped his hand around me. I gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you so much. From now on I'll protect you no matter what. I don't want this to happen to you again"

Tanjiro: That's not necessary please don't overdo things I promise I'll be more careful from now on just don't do anything stupid okay

He tried to reassure me but it's still worrying me.

What should I do?

To be continued...