My Brightest Star - Kyojuro Rengoku x male reader (Demon Slayer)

A/N: This happened post Mugen Train. Sadge🥺 Enjoy!

. . .

After the Mugen Train mission Rengokus crow left to spread the news of the Hashiras passing. He passed it on to the other Hashiras crows and went to the Rengoku's ousehold himself. Until he saw Senjuro sweeping outside.

He had to do this, its his job and duty. He flew over to him and gave him the news.

Senjuro stopped sweeping and felt despairing. He knew that this was bound to happen but net this soon. He doesnt know what to do.

He felt empty now but he doesnt know how to tell the people inside about the news. He took a deep breath, thanked the crow and made his way inside.

.     .     .

A few days later Tanjiro is making his way to the Rengokus household to ask Shinjuro about the Hinokami Kagura.

After recovering he wanted to see if theyre alright, even after hearing Kyojuro's last words to him.

.     .     .

The sun rises at the scene. The train car scattered across the field and a hashira is seen kneeling in front of another slayer in tears.

"R-rengoku... san"

"Please dont cry Kamado. Go ahead and live with your head held high. No matter how devastated you may be by your own weakness or uselessness... set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead" he said with a kind smile. "Tell my father to take care of himself. And tell my brother and husband that I love them so much and im doing okay. Especially my husband. He knows that I can take care of myself now" he also gave Tanjiro a message to his husband specifically. With a last smile, he tilted his head down to pass on with honor.

Tanjiros tears fell down even more as his other comrades came over. Inosuke doesnt have time for mourning since they have a promise, for Rengoku, is to be the best and noble Demon Slayers. In his honor.

.     .     .

Tanjiro made it at the Rengokus household. He saw the youngest Rengoku sweeping outside the house. But with an empty look in his eyes. He decided to approach him.

"Are you Senjuro?" the said male looked up and saw the slayer. "Have you heard about your brothers passing" he said with a grim look. He bowed in respect, "I have a couple of messages from Kyojuro for his father, husband, and you, Senjuro"

"Yes. I was just told earlier. Y/N nii-san also got the news after I did"

Tanjiros eyes widened. Whos Y/N...?

But then he remembered Kyojuro mentioning a husband and it all clicked.

"Knock it off. My failure of a son wouldve left the most worthless messages anyway. He deserves that for becoming a swordsman when he had no real talent" the voice belonged to the oldest Rengoku member who just arrived from the village. "No wonder he died" he spat.

"Useless as trash those swordsmen are. No skills, just like Kyojuro" Senjuro looked down. He doesnt like when his father talks down on his brother. Even when he cant stand up for his brother. Hes too scared to talk back.

"Senjuro! Get out of mourning. Get that gloomy look off your face" Senjuro started to shake visibly. Tears gathering in his eyes and his lips started to quiver.

"Hold on" Tanjiro stepped in front of him, "Youre going way too far sir. Please stop talking about him like that" he said boldly.

"Who the hell are you? Get off my property!"