29.

It's Monday again

It's Monday again.

The weekend flew by, and they were all so sweet. I got a lot of kisses and hugs, and now I'm waiting in front of my house for Aaron to pick me up. Normally, it's Ethan, but he had to work early. So they switched.

I hear a honk and look up from my phone. I sigh when it isn't Aaron's car, but some other black one. I look back in the group chat. They're arguing who's the cutest boyfriend, and I keep silent.

Some footsteps sound close, and smiling, I look up. I didn't hear him coming! But that smile drops when I see two men in black suits running towards me. They're wearing sunglasses, even though the sun isn't shining right now.

One covers my mouth with his hand and the other grabs my wrists. I sob and try to kick them, but they don't budge. They seem so strong...

I start crying when they drag me to their car. I don't want to come with them! They'll hurt me...

I am thrown in the backseat, but before I can slip out of the car they close the door. I wipe my tears away, needing to see clearly to escape. But I can't. 

Crying, I look behind the car. Why aren't they getting in? I sob, lying down on the seat. I hug myself, trying to defense myself if they come sit next to me.

The door opens, and I fly to the other side of the car, trying to get as far away as possible from the scary men. But I don't hear or feel them getting in. Just the door opening, and then nothing.

I open one eye, seeing someone stand next to the door. I flinch again, but then I recognize the suit. "Aaron," I cry, reaching for him.

He bends down in the car and grabs me, picking me up. I clutch to him, not wanting to get in those creepy men's hands again. "T-t-they," I sob. I can't get out of my words.

I'm trembling too hard to calm down. He hugs me closely. "Okay, sunbeam. I want deep breaths, alright? I shot them, it's okay. They're dead and won't come after you again. I'm not taking you to school anymore, but home. Is that okay?"

I nod. Home sounds good, where I'm safe. "D-d-don't you h-have to w-work?" I stutter, looking up at him. He shuts his eyes in frustration, then curses. I start trembling again. What if he leaves me alone at home?

Then, he nods and walks to his car. "What about a work day?" he offers. I nod, trying to even my breath. "You're doing so good, sunbeam. You're safe now, you're here."

I know that. That's why I'm doing my best to calm down, because nothing can happen anymore. He sits down on the drivers' seat, not caring to take me of his lap. I'm good with that, I need his soothing right now.

"I'm sorry, Scarlett. If I was just a minute earlier, then they wouldn't have gotten you. But something was wrong with my tire," he sighs. I shake my head. "You were just on time, Aaron. Thank you," I whisper.

He nods, but I can tell he feel guilty. So I snuggle into his chest, hugging him. He kisses my hair. He's driving slowly, and I doze off a bit. I'm in his arms and nothing can happen now.

I feel a sudden change in subsoil and tense. Aaron draws circles on my back with one hand. "It's all good, sunbeam. We're just parking at the office," he says. I nod, sighing. I was just getting relaxed again since my dad, and now I'm screwed again.

He carries me inside, me on his hip. I look around with wide eyes. Everything looks so expensive here! He walks to some counter, and the woman behind it arches an eyebrow at me. "Mister Ledger, who is she? I don't see no appointments today-."

"Tell the others to meet me in the meeting room at nine sharp. No other questions," he snaps and walks off. I watch him with big eyes. He's so mean at work.

He catches me staring and smiles at me. "She's just annoying, sunbeam. I'm friendly to others," he grins. I settle my head on his shoulder and watch the hallway he's walking through. It's all so chic and big, wow.

"Is this yours?" I ask. "Well, it's ours. We lead it with us four. Owen is below us," he says, then cringes. "Fuck, I need to call him too."

I nod. "You can't cut him off. He's smart too. Why isn't he a boss? And don't say mean things," I threaten. He sighs and presses the button of the elevator. I notice no one else is taking this elevator, everyone takes the other. Do they have a private elevator? Wow, they're seriously rich.

"Because he can't be serious. I'm not saying this to be mean, sunbeam. It just be like that. He wouldn't be able to follow meetings every day, every minute. I think he likes his work more now, where he doesn't need any concentration." I doubt that.

The elevator pings and he steps out of it. I look around, seeing this is the top floor. And if I tell correctly, here are five rooms. "Four offices and...?"

"A meeting room," he says and walks to an office. He opens the door and sets me down in his chair. I giggle, doing a spin in it. He smiles at me. "You want coffee?"

I nod and watch him walk away. I examine his office. I've never been here, and am curious to where they spend most of their day. I jump up and hop out of Aaron's office. Where are the others?

The next door is one with the name 'Mr. Hayes' and I know that's Jordan. I open the door, smiling. A grumble sounds, and I see his chair is turned to the window. "What happened to fucking knocking?" he bursts out.

I roll my eyes. "Rude," I mumble. The chair spins fast, and he jumps out of it. His eyes widen, and he looks at me, confused. "Scarlett?"

I smile at him. "Yes?" He frowns, not understanding. I tun to the door, "Meeting at nine in the meeting room, don't forget," I wink. He nods, startled.

I look at the clock in the hallway, seeing it's ten minutes before nine. I smile and hop to the next office. 'Mr. Dawson' is written on it. Ethan.

I knock on the door. "Yes?" he yells. I try to hold my laugh and say, "Mister Dawson, I think your girlfriend is downstairs." I say it with a distorted voice. "I don't think so, go away," he yells.

Grinning, I open the door. "I do think so, cutie." He looks up, first with a scowl on his face, then with a frown. "Princess? What-"

"Fuck! Sunbeam, I thought-" Aarons tumbles in, a panicked expression on his face. I wince, he thought I'd stay there.

"Aaron? What is this?" Ethan asks. Aaron sweetly smiles at him, picking me up. "I'll see you at nine," he mutters, then closes the door behind us. I giggle. Aaron narrows his eyes at me, "So how many visits did you bring?"

I smile, "Two. Ethan and Jordan. Can I please do Elijah too?" I pout. He stares at me for a few seconds, then sighs and sets me down. "Nine in the meeting room, okay?"

I nod, happy. I give him a kiss before turning around and running to the last office door. 'E. Hayes' is the sign. Of course, because Elijah and Jordan have the same last name.

I don't care to knock and just walk in. He's typing something on his laptop and waves me off. "Ethan, I don't have those files," he says. I shrug and close the door behind me. I walk around his desk, looking over his shoulder at his screen.

All numbers which I don't understand a thing from. "What does that eight mean?" I ask. He jumps out of his chair at my voice, and falls on the floor. "What- Sweetheart! What are you doing here?"

"Cuddling you?" I smile. He smiles too and stands up, sitting in his chair again. "Then get your cuddles," he says and pulls me on his lap. I sigh happily and melt into his chest. He glances at his laptop and cringes. "Sweetheart, I have a meeting in one minute. Can I leave you here?"

I shake my head. "Aaron brought me, I have to go to," I say. He frown,s but nods. "Okay, let's go."