❥12: Guilty Filthy Soul

*unedited* please kindly point out any errors if you see them!
- - - - - - - -
RECAP:
After accidentally falling asleep while at Nick's apartment, Jessie overhears Nick tell Jace that he became Jessie's friend because Brooke, his girlfriend and Jessie's best friend, told him too. Jessie storms out, questioning the criteria list.
- - - - - - - -
The sound of my doorbell ringing flooded the flat as I slowly opened my eyes and pushed back the bed covers. Glancing over at my alarm clock, I saw that it was already 11:00 AM--my only class today was at 2:00 PM, so I had a bit of time to spare. It was my favorite class: Multi-Variable Calculus. I know, I know, most people think that math is awful--but for some reason, I love it.

I snapped out of my thoughts about class when I heard the doorbell proceed to ring again. Groaning, I pushed myself out of my bed and down the staircase, quickly gathering my hair into a messy bun on the way down the steps.

I opened the front door slowly, squinting at the sunlight that hit my face as I did.

"Hi..." Brooke gave me a small, guilty smile. "I brought you brownies...?" She smiled sheepishly. Well, I'll tell you one thing: that girl definitely knew the way to my heart.

"Come in." I moved to the side hesitantly, letting her into my flat, closing the door behind her and locking it up again.

"I'm so sorry I though that you needed a friend and it was wrong but you were so sad without Jason and I'm so sorry I feel awful--"

"Take a breathe, would you?" I chuckled lightly, cutting off Brooke's rambling.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked. Being that Brooke was typically a very confident person, it was odd to see her like this--upset and regretful. I guess that was an indication, if any, that she truly did feel bad about what she did.

"I mean, I'm not happy, but I guess you had good intentions...?" I spoke lightly, my eyes never leaving hers.

"Yeah, I swear. I guess I just felt bad my idiot brother left the both of us, with you all alone at Stanford." Brooke said, hope glinting in her eyes, "Forgive me? I brought food," She grinned, holding up the pan of brownies.

"I mean, when you say it like that..." I smiled, staring lovingly at the pan of brownies. "Nick, on the other hand--"

Brooke enveloped me in a tight hug before I had a chance to finish, squeezing me till I thought I wouldn't be able to breathe.

"Woah there," I said, prying her arms off of me, "wouldn't want to damage the brownies, now would we?" I grinned cheekily, grabbing the pan out of her hands and running towards the kitchen. Brooke simply rolled her eyes at me.

"None of this is Nick's fault, you know!" She called out to me from the couch, beginning to walk over.

I knew what she was saying held truth, but there was just something about Nick... And I just couldn't place my finger on it.

This is why I love our friendship. Even when we get into arguments, we'll always be best friends--no matter what obstacles are thrown at us.

- - - - - - -

About 2 hours, 5 brownies, and 3 American Horror Story episodes later, it was time for me to get ready for class. I knew I'd have to face Nick at some point, but he wasn't in multi-variable calculus with me, so I hoped the odds were in my favor.

"Don't you have class today, too?" I asked Brooke, quirking an eyebrow.

"Eh, I blew them off." She said nonchalantly. "Said it was a family emergency," Brooke winked at me, to which I responded to rolling my eyes and chuckling.

"Well, I do have class today, so I gotta go." I began to walk towards the front door, car keys in hand and backpack slung over my shoulder.

"Can I please stay?" Brooke asked, making puppy dog eyes at me.

"Mi casa es tu casa, kid," I grinned, "Oh, and the fridge is fully stocked for you to raid."

"Yay!" Brooke clapped with excitement, running back over to the  kitchen. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Ahhh, only Brooke.
- - - - - - - -
A/N: Hello, lovely people! Feel free to vote and comment if you liked the chapter :)

*shameless self-promotion alert*

>>>>So... I started a new story! It's called '8 Years and Counting', and it's under my profile if you want to check it out! Thanks guys :)<<<<

Goals of the Chapter:
500 Reads
25 Votes
10 Comments

Love,
Alex xx