||3||

Time began to speed by. Before I knew it, an entire month had passed.

Bella and I hadn't spoken much, and I figured she was just really preoccupied, probably thinking about Edward Cullen. Apparently he'd been ignoring her since their argument in the hospital.

She wasn't the only one thinking about a Cullen. I was thinking about Carlisle. And Alice. And the entire Cullen family.

Somehow I believed there was more to them than I could see.

One Monday, when I couldn't take it any more, I decided to break the ice with Bella. I missed our long talks and how we used to be so close. I wanted that back.

"Bella, can we talk?" I asked, as I pulled on my jacket. She looked at me in shock and nodded.

"I feel like we haven't talked for a while. What have you been doing?" I asked her, pulling my hair into a ponytail. She sighed, pulling on her jacket.

"Thinking. And I need to tell you something. I don't think the Cullens are human." Bella said, her voice low.

I laughed out loud. "Bella, what else would they be?" I asked her, although it did make a little bit of sense to me. They did not seem to belong alongside humans.

Bella sighed and leaned closer to me. She seemed pretty confident in this. "Listen, I think they're vampires. Edward was across the parking lot that day. You saw him. And he pushed the van away with his hand." She told me, then saw the look on my face. "I know it sounds crazy." Bella said and she seemed upset.

I had seen Edward across the parking lot that day, but he could just be really fast. I knew I was just telling myself this so I didn't freak out about the alternative. "Well, what did Edward say?" I asked her, desperate for any reasonable answer. She groaned and ran a hand though her hair.

"He hasn't spoken to me since the hospital. But that's when he said he was standing right next to me. But you know that's not true. I'm not crazy." She said fiercely. I knew my sister would never make something like this up. Plus, I'd seen Edward standing next to the car that day too. 

"I believe you, Bella, but maybe you should just leave it alone. Some things are better left uncovered. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know what he is." I said, thinking back to all the horror movies I had watched. 

Bella shouldn't be asking around about the Cullens. That was a good way to end up dead. But deep down I knew that the Cullens were good vampires, and God I couldn't believe how crazy that sounded. Maybe I just wanted them to be good because I had a small crush on Carlisle.

I hadn't seen him since the hospital, but something kept him on my mind.

Bella smiled at me. "I knew you would believe me." I smiled back.

"Of course I do. You're my big sister, I'll always believe you. Plus, I think there is something off with them." I said. Bella smiled at me. "We should get to school."

We went outside and got into the truck. Bella was driving, of course. I hadn't improved on my driving skills. When we got to school, we went our separate ways.

We reunited at lunch where I saw Bella sitting by Edward Cullen. I was going to talk to her, but I didn't want to interrupt. I walked outside during lunch, taking a break in the truck. I heard the bell ring and climbed from the truck with a sigh.

I felt myself slipping on the ice and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I felt pain shoot up my arm as it scratched the pavement.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, clutching my arm. I looked over as I saw Bella running over to me. She must have been coming to get me.