||12||

"Get Jasper out of here." Carlisle said quietly, speeding to Bella and I.

He replaced my hand with his own. I looked over to see Edward with a numb look on his face, Rosalie with a sad sort of look, and Alice looking very apologetic.

"I'm sorry, I can't." She said, walking away from the smell of Bella's blood. I knew if she wasn't my sister, I would have been trying to kill her too. I supposed it was lucky I didn't seem to mind her blood.

Edward stared down at Bella, looking tormented. "I'll have to stitch this up in my office." Carlisle told Bella, then looked at Edward. "You should go check on Jasper. I'm sure he's very upset with himself and I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now." Carlisle suggested, but Edward only stared numbly at Bella.

Edward, she'll be okay. I thought, trying to reassure him, but his face remained the numb mask. I could feel waves of cold rolling off of him, and that alarmed me.  "Edward." Carlisle repeated, and Edward turned slowly and walked from the room.

I turned back to Bella and Carlisle, helping Bella up. "It's okay, Bells." I told her, but I knew I was only trying to convince myself.

I knew what this meant. We were going to have to leave. "Is Jasper going to be okay?" Bella asked and I sighed. She was never thinking about her own safety. "He will be fine, though I'm sure he's not pleased with himself." Carlisle told Bella gently. "It wasn't his fault." Bella protested.

Neither Carlisle or I said anything as we helped her onto his desk. He immediately grabbed his medical bag and pulled out the sutures.

"Addy, can you go find Edward and tell him I'm sorry?" Bella asked me, and I glanced to her in shock. Why did she want to apologize for something that clearly wasn't her fault? But since she was hurt, I would do it.

"Sure, Bells. I'll be right back."  I told her, glancing at Carlisle for a second before walking out of his office.

I mentally prepared myself for the encounter that was about to happen as I followed the trail Edward and the others left. I didn't know how to do this. I didn't know how to comfort Jasper and let him know I wasn't angry. Because to be honest, I was a little angry. It was my sister after all.

I had to forget that anger though, and try to be the motherly figure that somehow the Cullens believed I was to them. I knew I'd reached them when I heard Alice trying to comfort Jasper.

As I approached them, I saw Emmett was standing by Rosalie. Edward was standing alone, the same numb expression on his face. Alice was holding onto Jasper's arms and trying to comfort him. They all looked up when they saw me.

Jasper's face immediately turned apologetic. "Addy, I am so-"

"Stop, Jasper. It wasn't your fault. What happened tonight wasn't anyone's fault and I won't let you blame yourself." I told him firmly, placing a hand on his arm.

He sighed and glanced at Alice. "She's right, Jazz. No one is to blame here." Alice told him softly, sending me a grateful smile. "Only me. I am to blame." Edward said suddenly and I looked over at him. "You had no way to know this would happen, Edward." I told him, but I could see my words weren't making much of an impact on him.

I once again could feel the numbness rolling off of him. One glance at Jasper told me he felt it too.

Edward glanced away from me and took off suddenly. I was sure he was going to see Bella. I sighed and turned back to Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rose. "Don't worry. I'll make sure this turns out okay." I said, trying to reassure myself more than the others. They looked back at me with worried expressions.