||11||

"Alice!" I shrieked as I saw the ensemble she'd placed on my bed, with a very vague note. You'll need this, was written in her perfect script.

It wasn't even a full second until she breezed into the bedroom. Or rather, the room Carlisle and I shared. She had an innocent expression on her face as she stared at me. "Yes?" She asked and I glowered at her.

"What the hell is this?" I asked her, my (still a little alarming) musical voice screeched as I held up the rather lacy and embarrassing garment.

I knew if I was human, I'd be blushing profusely. "I would have thought what it was would be obvious." She replied, and a flicker of amusement broke through her innocent facade.

"Why would you think that?" I asked her once again, gesturing to the lingerie. "Well, I can see the future you know, and I have a certain, uh, feeling you'll be needing this." She told me and I glared at her.

"What do you mean a certain feeling? What did you see Alice?" I asked her, intense embarrassment flooding through me. Had she seen Carlisle and I taking the next step in our relationship? I thought of the things she could have seen and felt even more embarrassed.

I heard a very familiar flight of footsteps and looked up to see Jasper leaning into the doorway.

I quickly shoved the garment behind my back as a wave of calm spread over me. My rising embarrassment though could not be quelled as Alice smirked at me.

"I'm fine, Jasper." I said suddenly, not really wanting to feel all peaceful and zen at the moment. Jasper had been keeping a close watch on my emotions since I'd been turned. It had been six months and I was still considered a 'newborn.'

But even with Jasper keeping a close watch on me, I'd found it wasn't necessarily needed. After my first hunt, I'd been able to control myself. I also realized I had developed an ability of sorts. Like before, I could tell when someone was lying to me. I could sense also what someone was feeling, much like Jasper, except I couldn't manipulate those emotions. It was more heightened than when I was a human.

Definitely not as cool as seeing the future or Edward's mind reading, but I was happy to even have a gift at all.

Thankfully, I  found that whenever Bella visited I didn't crave her blood. The Cullens were shocked, but didn't know what to make of it. I'd told them I suspected it was only because Bella was my sister. It wasn't like I'd come into contact with any more humans since then, anyways. I might still be a 'savage' newborn like Jasper feared.

Jasper eyed me curiously and I glanced over to Alice, who was still smirking at me. I could feel that she was amused. That caused a flicker of irritation to flicker through my calm demeanor. Before Jasper could quell it, though, I hurriedly breezed past him out of the room.

I flew downstairs in half a second and ending up about a mile outside of the house before I stopped running. As soon as I had time to think, I instantly felt childish for my evasion. I turned, about to go back and apologize, but I caught a familiar scent.

It smelled like pine trees and sunshine, and it instantly brought a smile my face. As did the arms that suddenly appeared around my waist. "What's wrong, love?" He asked me, feeling my chagrin. That was another thing about being a vampire. I was now bound to a mate, which of course had always been Carlisle.

He'd later told me he'd felt the pull of the mating bond since the first time he met me. I'd felt a certain pull to Carlisle when I'd been human, and after I became a vampire, it only strengthened. Now we were even more in tune with each other.

"Nothing. I just feel like a child." I scolded myself, putting my head down. In a nearly undetectable movement, he was in front of me and had my chin in his hand. "You've nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone gets irritated, and it was inevitable living with our children." He reassured. When Carlisle first referred to Edward, Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Jasper as our children, I'd been a little overwhelmed. After all I was the same age as most of them and even younger than a few.