||20||

June 16th, 2006

Even though it had only been a day since the battle, it felt like a lifetime.

The male witch was on his way from London to complete the spell for Rose and Emmett. He was supposed to fly in later today.

Bella and Edward had spoken to Dad about their engagement and he'd surprisingly agreed to it. He seemed to have finally accepted Carlisle and I as well.

I was now sitting with Bella, Dad and Alex in the den. Dad said he had something he wanted to speak about.

"So, what's going on, Dad?" Bella asked him, twirling her ring on her finger.

Bella's ring was large and in an oval shape and it had many diamonds encrusted on it. Bella told me it belonged to Edward's mother.

"I have something to tell you two." Dad said and I looked over to Alex.

I bet it was something to do with the two of them together.

"Alex and I, we're mates." Dad said and Bella and I exchanged a grin.

"Yeah, Dad, we sort of already knew that." I said with a laugh.

Dad looked between us and sighed.

"Well, when did you two figure it out?" He asked and I laughed.

"When Alex showed up and called you Swan, Dad." I joked and he laughed.

"Well, what do you two think?" He asked me and I looked over at Alex.

"I think that you two are amazing together and I'm happy for you both." I said and Alex and Dad smiled.

"Thank you." Dad said and I nodded.

"And since we're all here, I'd like to ask you something, Alex." I said and Alex glanced to me.

"Whatever you need." She said and I smiled at her.

"I want you to take over as the mother of the bride. Since Mom can't be here and all." I said and Alex looked touched.

"Me?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, of course. You're my family now." I told her.

"Of course, I'd be honored." Alex said, pulling me into a hug. I grinned and hugged her back.

"Alex, if you don't mind, I'd like that as well." Bella stated and I smiled at her.

Alex agreed and hugged Bella.

"Thank you for bringing me into this family, Addy." Alex said and I nodded.

"Of course. You belong with us." I said and she smiled at Bella and I, then at Dad.

They left the room then, leaving Bella and I alone.

"Addy, while we're here, there's something I want to ask you." She said and I nodded.

"Will you be my maid of honor?" She asked and I grinned, pulling her into a hug.

"Yes, of course I will. Are you sure you don't want Alice?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Alice is one of my bridesmaids, but I think she'll have her hands full as the wedding planner." Bella said.

I was surprised Bella was letting Alice do the wedding, since Bella didn't like things too extravagant.

"Whose your other bridesmaid?" I asked her and she smiled at me.

"Rose."

I was even more surprised that Rose and Bella seemed to have made up.

Bella saw that and grinned.

"Rose told me she was happy for me and that she didn't hold my choice against me anymore. I suppose her and Emmett finally getting their baby brought it on." Bella said and I nodded.

"I'm glad." I told her.

"Well, now all we have to do is get ready for two weddings in two months. Thankfully, mine is already planned." I said happily.

I heard a knock on the door and Bella and I both stood up.

The rest of the family joined us in the den.

"I believe that will be Caleb." Alex said and I looked to her.

"Caleb is the male witch." She said and Rose grinned.

"Well, let him in." I encouraged and Rose walked forward with Alex to let Caleb in.

Caleb looked human and smelled like one as well. I could feel a sort of magic flowing off of him though and I knew everyone else could too.

He had dark blondish hair and blue eyes. He looked at Alex, then at Rose as they joined us in the den.

"Hello, I'm here for Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen. I'm assuming you're Alex?" Caleb asked, looking to Alex. He spoke with an accent, which made sense since he flew from London.

"Yes, I am. This is Rosalie and Emmett." Alex said, gesturing to Rose as Emmett walked to her side.

"It's nice to meet you both." He said and Rose and Emmett smiled at him.

I could feel Rose's excitement.

"Now that I'm here, I'd like to apologize to you Alex for what Freya did all those years ago." Caleb said, but Alex shook her head.

"No, that was Freya, not you." She told him.

"Still, I think doing this for your friends will allow me to make amends." Caleb said and Alex nodded.

"Thank you." She said to him.

"Would you like to begin?" Caleb asked, turning to Rose and Emmett.

"Yes, as soon as possible." Rose said and I smiled at how happy she was.

"Great. We'll need to go outdoors to a large open space to complete the spell. And I'll need Alex there seeing as how the spell was inflicted on her mother." Caleb said and Alex nodded.

"I know a place we can go. There's a clearing not too far from here." Emmett told him.

"Well, is everyone ready? I assure you the spell will bring no harm to you." Caleb said and Rose nodded.

"Let's go then." Alex said, walking forward.

Caleb nodded and followed her outside of the house, with Rose and Emmett close behind.

When they left, I turned to Carlisle and smiled.

"Everything is going to be okay now. Everyone is happy." I said and he smiled at me.

"Yes, everyone is. It seems that everything turned out just right." Carlisle told me.

As I looked at each member of my family, I realized just how true that was.