||6||

"Alice! You ready to go?" I yelled across the parking lot, even though I knew she could hear me if I whispered it.

School had just ended, and Alice arranged for me to ride with them back to their place. I'd been hanging out with Alice a lot lately over the past two weeks. I knew Edward and Bella were getting closer too.

I gasped as she sped over to me. "Alice, someone could have seen you!" I said in a hushed tone. She laughed and shook her head. "No they didn't, remember I have the sight." She said in a mystical tone reminiscent of a fortune teller.

I laughed and slapped her arm, which weirdly left my arm hurting.

"Yeah, let's go with Rosalie. Bella's gonna be with Edward." She told me. I nodded and climbed into Rosalie's amazing car. I'd never been a car girl, but her car was absolutely gorgeous.

"Hey Rose." I greeted, hoping she'd greet me back. I knew Bella said that Rosalie didn't exactly like her. I'd only really hung out with Alice the last two weeks, but I wanted Rose to like me.

She looked back at me and her face softened a little. "Hey." She said sweetly. I think Rose and I would be good friends. At least I hoped. "Hey Addy! I didn't know you were coming to the house today!" Emmett said as he climbed into the passenger seat.

I laughed. "I'm full of surprises." I said, smirking. Jasper got into the car next, but I could tell he was uncomfortable. Which made me apologetic. Jasper shouldn't have to be uncomfortable because of me.

"Addy, it's fine. It's not your fault." Jasper told me, and I instantly felt calm spread over me. "Thank, Jasper." I said.

The car started then and Rosalie sped from the parking lot. So they all drove like maniacs.

"So, Addy, you have the hots for our dad?" Emmett said suddenly and I stiffened. "What?! No! He's like- 300 years old!" I said loudly, but I was lying. Jasper gave me a doubtful glance.

Emmett snorted. "Whatever you say." He said. Rosalie grinned. I rolled my eyes playfully. With Rosalie's crazy vampire driving, we reached the Cullen house in no time. When we got out of the car, Alice pulled me aside. "Hey, just so you know, Bella is going to be coming over today." She told me and I nodded.

I figured that Bella would be visiting the Cullen house sooner or later. I followed Alice inside, surprised at how relaxed I felt. When I was with the Cullen's it didn't feel like I was with vampires. It just felt like I was with friends.

I walked inside behind Alice. I noticed a grand piano in the corner of the living room that I hadn't noticed before. "That's beautiful." I said, gesturing towards the piano. Alice smiled at me. "Do you play?" She asked. I nodded. "Just a little." I said. Mom had forced Bella and I to take lessons when we were younger.

"Can I?" I asked her. She grinned at me. "Of course. Make yourself at home." She said, and then she zoomed off to see Jasper. I sat down at the piano. I slowly started playing Claire de Lune. Hopefully no one would mind my playing. I found myself extremely relaxed, whether that was Jasper's doing or the piano playing, I don't know.

"Claire de Lune is great." I heard someone say. I stopped playing and looked behind me. It was Carlisle. Oh crap. Did I look terrible? I hadn't had the chance to glance in the mirror. "Yeah it is." I said, with a small smile. "Do you play?" I asked. He smiled.

"No. No. Rosalie and Edward are the musicians of the family. I just observe." He said, putting his hands into his pockets. I smiled. "Of course Edward plays." I said with a small roll of my eyes. Carlise laughed. "Well, there's hardly anything he can't do." Carlisle said jokingly.

I sighed. There was one question I had really wanted to ask Carlise. But it never seemed to be a good time. "Carlisle, can I ask you something?" I said. His lips turned upwards. "Sure." He said. "How did you become a vampire?" I said, and immediately regretted it. His face dropped.