Chapter 36

The lacrosse game went by quickly, well just to Lucas, and Emerson. Who, throughout the entire game was texting each other stupidly sweet things.

"You know, I'm curious to see who this Carlos guy is," Lucas said, once Michael, and the time went back inside the school, to the locker room, and both of them were waiting inside the school.

Since Wilson and Cameron were talking to Mason near the car they drove in.

"Me too, we should've asked Mason how he looks like," Emerson said, Lucas nodded.

"Maybe we should just stick around and when Michael comes out, he'll probably glare at a guy, which would definitely be Carlos," Lucas said and Emerson gasped, shocked. "Freckles, you are so smart."

Lucas smiled triumphantly. "We've been knowing that."

They talked for a couple of minutes before Michael finally came out of the school, bickering. Which can only be the famous Carlos, they've heard so much about.

"Why do you keep arguing with me? I didn't even mess up today, you let them steal the ball from you. If anything, I should be yelling at you." A guy said, which they can only assume is Carlos.

"Well excuse me for not being perfect as you" Michael spat enormously.

Ouch, if the tone of voice can kill, Carlos would be six feet under.

"Oh? So you think I'm perfect?" Carlos said with a slight smirk, and Michael flipped him off before storming off towards Emerson, and Lucas.

"Did you see that?" Lucas whispered, very quietly but not subtly. "I did... But the guy doesn't seem bad like Michael made him out to be" Emerson said. If anything, Carlos seemed like a nice person, quiet for sure, but nice.

"Yeah, I know."

"What are you buffoons whispering about?" Michael asked with a hostile tone.

"Nothing... Just wondering why you hate that guy so much." Lucas said, genuinely interested in the solution.

Mason did say it was because when Michael initiated a conversation, Carlos allegedly ignored him.

Was that really it to the situation? "Because he probably thinks he's way better than everyone else to talk to me. He literally ignored me when I tried to be nice and be his friend. So I don't like him." Michael said, and both Emerson and Lucas looked at each other at the same time, before looking at Carlos who was staring at Michael, constantly. Before someone called out for Carlos.

Then, they turned to look back at Michael. "Something doesn't feel right," Lucas said, and Emerson nodded in agreement.

"Whatever let's just leave, I'm hungry," Michael said, and they both nodded.

They walked toward Lucas's car. Mason was waiting there, well he was talking to Cameron and Wilson, who was parked right beside them.

"Come on, Mason. We're going" Mason nodded, and they all said bye together.

"Hey, drop me off first," Emerson said, once they were inside the car. "Okay."

Once they arrived at Emerson's house, Lucas kissed their cheek quickly. Mason was busy reading his book, and Michael's eyes were practically glued to his phone.

"See you later, butterfly," Lucas said, and Emerson smiled. "Bye, freckles."

Emerson left the car and went inside to house.

It was six thirty-four, so they only have to wait for a little less than half an hour before their mom comes home.

In the meantime, Emerson was going to eat the stress away. Emerson grabbed a box of macaroni and cheese since it was one of the most easiest things to make.