Chapter 2: Demons Alike

"Just come out already, demon!" Fuyuko called out into the dead of the night. "There is nowhere for you to run."

The moon shined brightly in the dark evening sky as the forest trees quietly sway from the gentle touch of the cold night breeze.

Fuyuko's snow-white hair softly glow from the moonlight's kiss, every strand paired with sky blue tips are like precious threads of rich silver. She styled it into a bun with two hair stick ornamented with red flowers that faded into white in every edge of its five petals.

She wore a regular demon slayer uniform with a hint of navy-blue hue, paired with a similar colored hakama that appear like a slender dress in her petite form. And it is embroidered with stylish white snowflakes in the near end of her skirt-like pants.

She had a blue belt secured in her waist along with her icy looking sword that has a white saya garnished with red braided rope-like ribbons and knots.

The hilt of her katana is also coated with snow-white and its cross-guard is shaped into a perfect silver snowflake. Her sharp blade had the hue of fading frost and symbolize the cold touch of ice.

It is like similar to her father but with differences as well.

Her white haori is adorned with red and arctic blue crystal flowers showered beneath the falling snow of winter. And the very back was embroidered with a large silver snowflake, honoring the family crest of the Kazahana Clan.

The demon she called then stepped out of the shadows in her right and she watched as it halted meters away from him while holding a familiar man within his death grasp.

"Help me!" The man cried with tears both coming out from his eyes and nose. "I don't want to die!"

"There you are." She stated shifting her body to fully face the humanoid creature.

She took a step but immediately stop when the demon neared his sharp claws towards the crying man's neck, causing it to slightly bleed.

"Don't come any closer or I'll slash this filthy pig's throat to bits." The demon threatened.

Fuyuko can sense the demon's fear, along with its grief and anger. She understands well why this demon feel this way and she would like to have this demon's wish be granted before she let him

have his peace.

"Go ahead." She replied.

The demon's eyes widened in surprise, while the man's face turned paler than before, horror clearly evident in his expression.

"What did you just say?" The demon asked still in the state of shock.

"I said go ahead." She flatly repeated.

"You bitch!" The man shouted in anger as more tears fell from his bloodshot eyes. "Are you crazy!?

You were suppose to protect me!"

"Well, I did said that but I didn't say I promise." She coldly replied.

"You wench!" the man screamed in the top of his lungs.

"Calling me a wench will not change my mind, Botan-sama."

"And why are you doing this?" the demon then asked, narrowing his red eyes towards the girl.

"Because humans are also demons," ignoring the curses from the hostage man, she replied. "Isn't that right, Botan-sama?"

"I don't know what you are talking about you fucking bitch!" the man answered.

"I believe you do." she gaze coldly at the man, sending shivers in his spine. "For seven years you committed a horrible crime, raping six innocent girls and murdering them after."

The man freezes and with Fuyuko's sharp eyes, she immediately confirmed that the man before her really did those horrible crimes. It is written all over his face with guilt.

"So the humors were right." she stated, eyes dimming with malice.

"No!" the man claimed. "Those are just nonsense, humors that those peasants created to stain my innocent name!"

"I don't think so, Botan-sama. It is written all over you filthy face." her cold gaze never leave the man. "Because of your family's power, those who knows your evil deeds are afraid to stood up, in fear that you will dispose of them, just like those who are brave enough to try and sue you but ended up dying in the end."

"I'll kill you, you fucking wench!" he roared, "Don't you know who my family is? they will tear you apart if they knew."

"But they don't need to know." she sharply replied earning another threat from the man whilst she ignored.

"Among the girls this filthy man killed, is your fiancee, right?" Fuyuko then asked the demon.

The demon's eyes widened once more and he bowed his head as wave of tears started to stream from his eyes. That's why the demon hunted this particular man, to avenge his dead love one.

"S-she was my e-entire world..." he said between his sobs, "we we're destined to be m-married before that day she died. When I heard what happened to her, I couldn't just s-stay still, so I investigated and everything lead to this filthy pig!"

He his in anger as he let his claw dig deeper into the man's skin causing it to bleed more, and the man begged for mercy but none heard him, even Fuyuko.

"But before I could sue him, he ordered someone to kill me." the demon continued. "I was supposed to die that night, then I woke up, only to find myself turned into a demon, and now I swear to bring vengeance by killing this horrible filthy pig."

"No! no, no! Please no I beg you." the man wailed. "I'll do anything, I'll give you anything, just please spare me."

"Who would want to spare a devil like you?" the demon asked, venom laced in his voice.

"Don't wait any longer, demon. There are always times that you must bring justice in your own hands." Fuyuko told, "Since you've already come far, why not finish what you have started."

"You'll allow me to kill this man?" the demon asked, still surprise.

"No!" the man shrieked but was ignored.

"As I said, go ahead." she answered. "But in return, you must rest in peace, it is no use sparing you. Other slayers will eventually come and end you, so let me do the honor."

"I... I understand." the demon answered.

He finally slashed the man's throat, instantly killing him on the spot. The demon then let his lifeless body fall to the ground as blood continued to leak out of its wounded neck, staining the green grass of the moonlit forest.

The demon felt his legs go numb and he let his knees be rooted to the ground as he hung his head and let more tears flow from his red eyes.

He missed her...

He missed her so much...

His beloved bride that should have been beside him...

"I finally did it, Aimi..." he whispered underneath his breath. "We'll see each other soon... I love you..."

As he wept for his long-lost lover, a pair of feet covered with white socks and adorned with red okobo sandals then slowly walk into his view, he didn't need to raise his head to know who it belong to, and he is also not planning in running away. He will accept her punishment with all his gratitude.

He didn't even think of this as a punishment, because he felt happy to be able to see her beloved soon.

"Are you ready to see her?" a cold yet gentle feminine voice asked.

"Yes, " He answered, gratefully to her. "Thank you."

With his last words, Fuyuko's delicate fingers grazed the hilt of her katana, she then moved her feet along with her heeled sandals in the grass. While the demon closed his eyes, as he awaited for his happy death to come upon.

"Ice Breathing, Third Form: Soft Winter Breeze." Fuyuko gently whispered.

She then passed by the demon and swiftly cut his head, giving him a painless death.

"May you find each other again."