Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

The train...

Just like the other night, Fuyuko once again saw a train pass her by. It was the same red train with chunks of flesh sprouting in each cars, and scarlet blood dripping all over its hideous vessel.

The heavy noise it produce crashed in her ears like the beat of a broken drum. Filling the night with bluster and clatter as the speeding long vehicle seems to go on for eternity in its railroad.

It was about to near its end but before it could, Fuyuko suddenly woke up when she felt a sharp object pinched cheek.

Her azure eyes bolted open and immediately notice Inei pecking her with his black sharp beak. The crow stared at her for a couple of seconds, then it begun to screech as he relay messages to the hashira like she is deaf.

"Rengoku Fuyuko! Rengoku Fuyuko!" Inei cawed. "Rise and shine! Rise and shine! Time to visit the Butterfly Estate."

"There is no time to waste! I repeat, there is no time to waste!" The crow added. "You still have a meeting with Oyakata-sama. Don't forget your meeting with Oyakata-sama!"

With his message finally delivered. He flew towards the open window from where he came from to leave. He knocked out one of the vases in the room and bump into one of the nearby walls before finally reaching the said window, then flying away.

Once the silence settled in on Fuyuko, she stood and started the day with her daily routine. After having her breakfast, she checked out of the inn she stayed and started to travel to the butterfly estate. She will be visiting the loud bunch before meeting the master that have summoned her regarding an important mission.

It has already been three weeks and a half when she last visited. That was the time when she let Shinobu properly treat the wound she received from Sanemi's sword. The loud bunch were sleeping when she checked on them so she decided to just let them be and leave.

When she arrived at the estate, she was immediately greeted by a girl with low pigtails fastened with blue butterfly clips. She wears a long-sleeved nurse uniform tied with a blue ribbon around her waist. She also introduced herself as Sumi.

Sumi then led her to the room where the three are resting. However, as she walked closer to the said room, she immediately heard the loud commotion inside. From what she heard, it is about Zenitsu refusing to drink his medicine because it taste horrible.

"Everyone, you have visitors!" Sumi cheerfulness announced as she opened the door.

Fuyuko followed Sumi inside and saw the loud bunch with a familiar slayer. She remembered seeing him in the Hashira Meeting to give report about the Mt. Natagumo incident.

"Kazahana-san." Kyojuro beamed

"Okami-sama!" Zenitsu wailed loudly while Tanjiro is holding him back to prevent him from jumping onto Fuyuko.

"Thank goodness you are here!" He tried reaching out to her with his short hand. "Their making me drink this gross medicine! Save meee!"

"Hold still, would you!" Aoi scolded. "You are still not cured to be suddenly moving around."

"We apologize for the commotion, Rengoku-sama." Aoi turned to the Ice Hashira and bowed apologetically. "These guys are a handful as you can see."

"It is fine. Thank you for taking care them." Fuyuko spoke.

"Of course, Rengoku-sama."

"I see, that you have a visitor." Fuyuko then turned her attention to Tanjiro and his visitor. "Your name was... Murata, was it?"

"Y-yes." Murata nervously stuttered with beads of sweat dripping down his forehead.

He was just complaining a while ago how the Hashiras are all terrifying but he didn't expect the arrival of the new Ice Hashira. He hoped that she didn't hear their conversation, Hashiras are known for their high senses.