Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!

"Umai!" A boisterous voice came out from a flame-looking man as he ate the last piece of sushi in his plate.

"Tch. Can't you eat any louder, Rengoku?" Sanemi complained with a hint of sarcasm.

But Kyojuro just ignored the man and continued to smile.

It has been a month since they arrived in the said town of where brides have gone missing but they still haven't located the demon or its presence. Sanemi even tried drawing the demon out with his marechi blood but the creature never responded.

The only hint they could really say that there is a demon lurking in the town's shadows is from the information they gathered that during wedding ceremonies, brides are suddenly disappearing during their wedding parade. Even though it is in broad daylight, no witness had ever seen the bride run or leave. They just suddenly vanished like a popped bubble, it is very odd and suspicious.

The brides who canceled their wedding in fear for their safety also disappeared, not leaving any trace of their whereabouts.

"It's been days, is this demon gonna show itself or not?" Sanemi whined in frustration. "I'm getting impatient."

"Why don't we make a plan to draw it out, Shinazugawa-san!?" Rengoku loudly suggested.

"And what will it be?" Sanemi scoffed. "You getting married and act as a bride?"

"That's a wonderful plan, Shinazugawa-san!" Kyojuro suddenly exclaimed as flames started to spiral out of control.

"I'd rather hire a bride to marry you than let you act as a bride." Sanemi neered. "There is no chance that the demon would mistake you as a bride."

"You have a point!" Kyojuro boomed. "So, to get the demon's attention I must get married and protect the bride when the demon comes during our wedding."

"That's not my point!"

"Excuse me, young men..." As the two continue to converse, an elderly woman suddenly called for their attention.

The woman has a wrinkled fair skin, black night hair styled into a braid and ornamented with several floral hairpins and ribbons. She looked like in her early 50's and is wearing a shozoku, a Japanese traditional vestment for shrine priestesses. A young shrine maiden is accompanying her, and is quietly standing behind her.

"I am Hanashi Saeko, the head priestess of the Eien Ai Shrine." The elderly woman introduced. "And this is Kiyoko Chiha."

The young shrine maiden then bowed and greeted them with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hanashi-san, Kiyoko-san." Kyojuro politely bowed. "Rengoku Kyojuro."

The shrine priestess smiled and then shifted her gaze from the flame-like lad to the scarred man he is with, as she awaits for him to state his name.

"Shinazugawa Sanemi." Sanemi spoke, clearly pissed.

"It's pleasant to meet both of you." The priestess bowed. "I overheard your conversation that you, Rengoku-sama is currently looking for a wife."

"Yes, I am!" Kyojuro immediately exclaimed.

"You see, Rengoku-sama, I am not just an ordinary maiden of a love shrine. I am also a matchmaker." Saeko told.

"Hanashi-sama not only match perfect couples," Chiha chimed. "the couples she match have stayed married until the end, experiencing the life of true love and bliss."

"Even though I am old, my eyes still work as clear as glass. I will immediately know a perfect match when I see one. This is a blessed gift of mine." Saeko stated. "So are you interested, young man? I've already found your match, a lonely cold soul in needs of your love and warmth."

"If you say 'yes', Hanashi-sama will plan your meeting and will also prepare your wedding." Chiha added.

"Can you create a fake wedding? Sanemi suddenly asked.

"I beg your pardon?" the priestess was confused.

"You heard what I said." Sanemi snapped.

"I'm sorry, Shinazugawa-sama, but a fake wedding is strictly prohibited in our shrine's code." she replied. "It is viewed as a mockery in our Goddess' eyes and we refuse to do such shameful act."

"Tch. Brides are missing in this town yet you still encourage to celebrate weddings, that will only harm the bride's life." Sanemi is getting suspicious with this hag.

"Indeed, brides have been missing left and right during their marriage parade but as I already said, I overheard your conversation. I want to offer you this marriage to help you lure the demon out." The priestess replied.

"And what about the bride, isn't she in danger if she do such stunt?" Sanemi scoffed.

"The bride knew what she is getting into." Chiha informed. "She volunteered herself to end this darkness."

"Such brave woman!" Kyojuro praised.

"Indeed, she is." Saeko nodded. "She also proposed a fake wedding but upon hearing our shrine's code she respected it and trusted me to find her match."

"Such humble woman!" Kyojuro praised once again.

"So please take good care of her and protect her."

"Don't worry she is in good hands!" Kyojuro beamed. "I will take responsibility of her safety!"

"If this will guarantee the Demon's appearance then I have no objection." Sanemi uttered.

"So is it a 'yes'?" Chiha asked.

"Yes!" Kyojuro boisterously replied.

Chiha smiled and clap her hands as she felt excitement. A wedding is always exciting for her, seeing couple's unite with love makes her heart feel warm and fuzzy.

And most of all, she believes that these people are the key to end the evil that has been terrorizing their town, abducting every bride that should have been with their beloved grooms. Thinking about it make her heart break. But just looking at both young men, there is no doubt they are strong, just like the snow-white haired woman she met before.

"Prepare the wedding immediately because I'm so itching for a fight!" Sanemi demanded.

Kyojuro nodded agreeing to Sanemi, and the priestess along with the young maiden just ignored the scarred man's rudeness and smiled as they bowed. They will do their best to immediately ready the wedding and aid the two men who promised to slay the demon. If they succeeded their town and shrine will surely return to its former glory where happy new weds smile to their hearts content.

Though, the news of the new wedding coming up, alarmed the town's people. Some are happy to hear it but most are worried that the wedding will end in tragedy of the bride vanishing again just like the others.

As the town folks continued to chatter, little do they know that a certain beast heard them clearly. It grinned showing its yellow razor-sharp teeth and started to drool as it reminisced the tasty flavors of the many brides it already devoured.

"I wonder how beautiful the bride is?" the demon chuckled into the darkness.

"And I hope those demon slayers are ready, I'll devour them too."

"Specially the marechi." The demon then opened its eye to show its Lower Moon 6 mark.

"First, the bride. Second, the marechi. And lastly the other demon slayers! Hahahahaa!"

Meanwhile, in a certain floral room. A young lady looked at herself in the mirror as she softly combed her long snow-white hair and let it cascade down her shoulder.

Someone then knocked at her door. After giving the person her permission, A shrine maiden then came in, delivering her the news that she had been waiting for a month to come.

"Hanashi-sama have found your match." The Shrine maiden bowed. "Your wedding will be held within a week."

"I see..."