TWENTY NINE

Ni mantian waited for a perfect opportunity and finally he saw xiao zhan walking away from his parent's and sitting on a more secluded area, ni mantian smiled and was very satisfied, such a perfect day and place to finish her business without any worries or anyone noticing.

Xiao zhan wasn't interested in what other's were doing, sitting down and just eating is what he loves the most, the snacks seems to be upto to his taste and he loves it. Zhan felt some movements, when he looked infront of him he saw who he had a hunch will come, actually it's ni mantian! She has never spoken or gotten any closer to her since he got reborn, but he knows perfectly well this girl is bad news and shouldn't be taken so lightly, she is the same person who hit his head in his last life, zhan is very sure in his last life ni mantian knew he wasn't dead, but she still ordered for him to be thrown down the cliff and she couldn't even stutter.

In this life xiao zhan decided to stay away from her and not get involved with her like his previous life.

"Hi zhan i didn't expect to see you here, you came all alone? Where is your boyfriend jin han?" Ni mantian who first decided to pretend asked, zhan didn't pretend or try to act nice infront of her, the disgust could be seen on xiao zhan face which surprised ni mantian who has always known xiao zhan to be so happy and naive and no matter how other's did something bad to him, he has never shown as a reaction before, how does it look like this xiao xiao has really changed and wasn't the xiao zhan she knew.

"Don't come and pretend to know me or flutter me, iam not so familiar with you so you don't have to act so close, it disgusts me." Zhan who decided not to be so reserved answered, if his parent's were to hear what he has just said, then they could have looked at xiao zhan several times to see if it's their own son or someone else who possessed their baby.

Ni mantian was beyond surprised, never in her life has she imagined xiao zhan the stupid boy she knew will actually speak to her like that, ni mantian got suspicious and checked again to see if it's really the xiao zhan she knows, her pretentious cover was almost exposed with xiao zhan answer, luckily she was quick enough to cover her pretence, but the observant xiao zhan could see the malice in ni mantian eyes.

"X-xiao zhan? What happened to you? Why are you so suddenly so mean to me? Are you angry because i have not talked to you even after becoming my classmate, you know i have been busy, don't be angry with me alright?" Ni mantian whose eye's reddened in seconds and she looks so pitiful said looking very aggravated and pitiful, in his last life zhan knew she could have been tricked with this pitifil play, a dangerous snake pretending to be weak and harmless when in reality they're just poisonous snake, and the first person is this ni mantian in front of him.

"Pathetic!" Zhan said loud enough for ni mantian to hear, ni mantian expression cracked immediately, and the fake cover on her face collapsed, if her classmates and jin han were to see her now, then they could be surprised and wonder if this is the gentle, humble and sweet white lotus they know, because the person standings infront of xiao zhan right now doesn't look like ni mantian at all, zhan sneered and continued to speak.

"I know what your upto, don't think i don't know what kind of life you live, the life your dear friend's knows and the real life you actually live, the kind of people that i hate most are shameless people like you, you should now chase after jin han else he will really be gone and it will be so bad for you!" Zhan continued to speak with a wide smile on his face.

Before going to college zhan had hired a detective to follow ni mantian closely and send him all the disgusting thing's this ni mantian has been upto, even jin han, since his rebirth xiao zhan has always been careful not wanting to cross path with these two people who destroyed his family in his last life, zhan knew ni mantian and jin han movement and today he knows this ni mantian as usual slept with a sugar daddy so that she could get a chance to come here, zhan wasn't sure what ni mantian wanted to do, but what he guessed was ni mantian must be after him, and he was really curious to know what ni mantian is upto.

Xiao zhan never expected the good detective he hired online could actually turn out to be his roommate wen ning, wen ning came from a military family, all his descendants from the wen family are well known and respected because of their good merits in the family, wen ning has been interested in being a detective since he was a little, and now he does that as his part time job. Wen ning decided not to follow the footsteps of his family and join the military, rather he chose to do what he loves, art and being a detective.

"You!" Ni mantian shouted with her pale face and approached xiao zhan, zhan wasn't stupid to remain standing where he was so he moved back.

"Don't try to do anything stupid, i have alot of information about you, if jin han knows what kind of a person you actually are, and the double life your living, i wonder how he will react and see you after this, if i just click here, everything will be displayed on all the big screens inside and outside the restaurant." Zhan said and showed the small remote he was holding on his hand, the smile on his face hasn't dissapeared, but the word's coming out of his mouth is actually very contradicting with his innocent face and expression.

Ni mantian lost it, getting out the small dagger she was carrying, ni man to ran towards xiao zhan with the aim of stabbings xiao zhan neck to death and stop xiao zhan from exposing her secrets.

"Give me that remote you bastard!" Ni mantian shouted, zhan tried to move back again but he realised he was actually on the end so he moved aside, but he was a little too late because his hand got slashed by the small sharp dagger that  ni mantian was holding, ni mantian hit the glass window with alot of force, luckily she moved back on time before the glass started breaking, zhan hissed in pain and before releasing the remote, he immediately pressed the remote.

Zhan looked behind him and he immediately stumbled back in fear when he saw the broken glass and he could actually see the ground from where he was standing, they were in twenty fifth floor and xiao zhan has been very traumatised and is very scared with heights since he got reborn and he has always avoided looking outside or standing on balconies, zhan rosy face turned pale in fear and his whole body started trembling, some people who were nearby heard the commotion and rushed to where the noise was coming from while looking at the news that were being displayed on the screen.