CH 16

Camilla's POV

After telling Haley everything, she squeals and repeatedly smacks me on the arm.

"Is this real?! Oh my goddess! He finally noticed you!" Haley gushes

"Pipe down, Haley!" I say in a hushed tone as I look around

"You can't expect me to pipe at that, Cam! HE FINALLY ACCEPTED YOU!!" She screams

I shushes her while covering her mouth, apologizing to pack members that we've disturbed.

"Pipe down or shut up, Haley!" I hiss

Haley giggles but nods.

"Anyway, he said we're going to talk tonight about some things." I say

"Some.. things?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows

"Get your head out of the gutter, Hales!" I exclaim, slapping her arm as she bursts out laughing

For the rest of the afternoon, Haley and I spend it conversing with pack members and watching her mate train the pack warriors. By the time dinner comes, I have dinner with Kaitlyn and Gina as Lance and Matteo are still handling with pack matters.

After dinner, Kaitlyn and I do our nightly routine walk around the garden and then bid her goodnight after. Back in my room, I change into my satin nightgown and prepare for bed. Just as I was about to lie down, there was a knock on the door and it opens to reveal my mate.

"Matteo!" I exclaim

His eyes soften at the sight of me and then turns hard and dark when his eyes lands on my choice of my clothing. I instinctively cover my lower body and he grumbles a growl.

"Matteo, what is it you want to talk about?" I ask, changing the atmosphere

He silently shakes his head and he comes towards me and sits on my bed.

"I want to talk to you about announcing your Luna title to the pack and.. our mate and marking night." He says

I nod.

"I'm sorry for having to announce you to the pack this late. I know I should've took you home with me and announce you to the pack, but-" I cut Matteo off with a kiss

He sighs in pleasure. Before he deepens it, I pull away. I hold his face gently and look into his eyes.

"I understand you completely, Matteo. You don't have to keep apologizing. I will keep proving to you that I am for real and here to stay with you forever."

He smiles and embraces me, an embrace that I now always crave.

"You are the best mate the goddess has paired me with." He says

I softly smile and kiss him, he responds immediately. He leaves and comes back later looking refreshed and changed into his sleeping attire. He dives under the covers and cuddles with me, discussing what needs to be discussed and until I've fallen asleep.

The next morning, I slip out of Matteo's tight embrace and grab my usual morning jog attire and stuff them into my bag. I leave my room quietly and jog down and out into a nearby tree. I drop the bag and start jogging, jogging turns into a run and soon I shift and Carla starts sprinting.

We stop at our usual lake and Carla takes a sip. A snap of a tree branch causes Carla to stand alert and look around. She growls at the nearby bush and soon he shows himself.

"My my, you're so good at finding me, your Majesty." He says with a sick grin and laughs

"I wonder, my Queen, how good it would feel once I've claimed you and your land. It's going to be so fun watching your pathetic mate suffer under me." He grins

Carla growls louder, threatening him. He looks at us, amused.

"I'll see you again, my Queen. Soon, you will be mine and that pathetic King's title and crown, and he will no longer be with you." He says and disappears laughing

My blood run cold at his words while Carla's still in rage and disgust. He's going to kill my mate, I just know it!

I tell Carla to run back. I slip into my robe and run back to my room. Upon opening my door, I see Matteo pacing back and forth in panic. His head whips towards me, he storms towards me in anger and relief.

"Where have you been?!" His voice booms around the room

"Calm down. I went for a run." I say

He hugs me, I feel him shaking but soon, he has calmed down. I break our embrace and look up at him.

"Call Kyle and Levi to meet in your office. It's urgent." I say

"What is it about?" He asks

"I'll tell you later. Go, I'll meet with you after I've showered."

He nods. He kisses my forehead and leaves.

Shaking off the nerves, I walk to my bathroom and freshen up. I change into an oversized shirt and shorts, paired with my white Adidas. I let my hair down to dry naturally.

After I'm all ready, I walk down to Matteo's home office. I open the door and see the three men are here and having a small talk, their heads snap to me when they hear me close the door.

"What is this about, Cam?" Kyle asks

"I've had another encounter with that rogue this morning." I start

Matteo growls.

"What happened? Did he touch you?" Matteo asks

I shake my head. I let out a nervous sigh and start telling them.