CH 35

Camilla's POV

"What? Carla, what are you talking about?" I ask

"You heard me loud and clear, Cam. I'm going to kill that whore." She growls

"Okay slow down, tell me what you smelt." I tell her

And for five full minutes, she tells me everything.

"Are you really sure about this, Carla? You know Matteo and what he has been through, he wouldn't do this to me cause he knows how much it hurts."

"Well, I'm sorry but I'm starting to doubt his stories. How could he explain what I smelt in that room? No one else would dare go to office just to hook up."

I sigh, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because I know who he truly is.

"Fine, I'll talk to him." I say

She huffs and goes to the back of my mind to calm herself down.

I freshen up and throw on something simple, I go down for breakfast and everyone is here except Matteo.

"Where's Matteo?" I ask

"Busy with his work already." Kaitlyn says

I nod, I grab a tray and put two servings of breakfast and take them to Matteo. As I got to his office in the pack house, Carla starts to growl.

I tell her to calm down, I open the door and see Matteo behind the table busy with paperwork.

"Hey you, why didn't you stop for breakfast?" I ask

"There's just so much paperwork to do." He says

I sigh, "Come on, eat first."

When he wouldn't budge, I go and drag him out of his chair. He finally gives in and goes to the couch and start eating. As I eat with him, I try to sniff out anything weird but don't find any.

"There's nothing, Carla."

"That jerk is hiding her very well then." She sneers

I sigh. I feel a warm hand hold mine and I look up and see my mate looking at me with concern.

"That has got to be the fakest concerned look I've ever seen." She scoffs

"Carla, that's enough." I scold her

" You can't blame me for acting this way when I smelt something out of the ordinary, Cam." She says and blocks connection with me

I sigh.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks

I contemplate whether or not tell him and decided to just tell him, he is my life partner.

"Carla is just acting out." I say

He nods, "Mason felt it too. He said she's too angry to talk to him."

"Don't worry, she'll calm down." I say and he nods

Right then, I decided to gather enough evidence for Carla's accusation before speaking to him about it, but I pray to the Moon Goddess Carla's wrong.

For the rest of my week while Carla refused to talk to me, I observe Matteo and have the girls keep an eye on him too. Every night, they wouldn't be able to give anything weird about him and this relieved me because I'm right about Matteo.

The following Monday, I happily grab lunch for Matteo and I to eat in his office. Both of us are super busy that we sometimes forget to eat, so we decided to lessen our work load to have time to eat together.

As I open the door to Matteo's office, I wished my eyes would deceive me. I stand there shocked at what I just saw before he pushed her off when he saw me.

Carla was right.

The tray that was on my hands were now on the floor. I stumble back, feeling sick to my stomach. I couldn't even utter a word while Matteo desperately tried to reach for me.

My mate was kissing another she-wolf and she isn't even some random wolf, he was kissing Aspen. Her hands were all over him and his was on her waist.

Remembering that just made my heart sink lower.

I have to get out of here.

I turn around and ran out of there, Matteo calls after me and right behind me. I close my mind link and ran faster, and soon I lose Matteo and I hide far from everyone.

Without a second thought, I ran to the mansion undetected. I grab the twins from their room, a car key, and drive out of the pack land and back to where I'm originally from without a word to anyone.

Gina's POV

A strong wave of the boarder hit us, telling us that someone just left the land without permission, and suddenly I felt dread.

"What's going on." I ask Sora

"Luna just left." She says quietly

"What?!"

I run out of the room and find Haley coming towards me with a scared look.

"Hales." I call

She wrap me in a hug, sharing the same feeling as me.

"Come on, let's go find out what happened." I say

We run to the mansion and look through all the rooms, and come to find out she left with the twins and a car. Haley tries to mind link Camilla but fails.

"She closed her mind link." She says, "Where could she have gone?"

"Let's first find out what happened, and I can't believe I'm saying this but let's go find my brother."

Before we leave the mansion, we hear furniture and glass breaking. Following the sound, we arrive at his home office. We gasp at the mess he created. My eyes find my brother wrecking another furniture.

"Matteo!"

By my voice, he stops. He looks up and I finally get to have a good look at him, and he looks like a mess. His eyes mismatched and hair disheveled. His eyes goes to his normal ones and I finally see the distress.

"Gina!" He calls and hurriedly comes to me, holding my arms

"Where is she? Where did she go? Why did she leave me? She said she wouldn't." He says

"He's loosing it." Sora says worriedly

"Go have a talk with Mason in your world." I say

I feel her nod and she closes our connection.

"M, calm down. Tell me what happened."

He looks at me with hopelessness and as his sister, it hurts me to see him like this.

Matteo, what have you done that drove Camilla to leave with your kids without a word?