CHAPTER3: SPARKS

Mahabharat kaal:
The Rajguru decided to wait for the right time to complete his test. The younger princess was handed with the duty to help him with puja like bringing flowers and preparing prasad .

One such morning, Homini rushed through the corridors of the grand palace to greet the guru in the temple. The golden rays were trying to dominate the morning sky. She overslept and now was late.She hurriedly got ready for her day. Her long brown hairs tied back in a bun and finished with a traditional brooch. She ran holding her skirt towards the center of the Royal garden, to the temple. She was late for her morning prayer but she stopped just in front of the steps of the magnificent temple. It was as bulit by her ancestors in the honor of Lord Vishnu. Made of rare basalt rock , the skilfully carved architecture seemed as if made of gold with the sun rising. She composed herself before stepping in.

The guru was not expecting her today as he had not given her any tasks . But she had a important question to ask him and knew he would be busy through out the day , so the only time she can ask him is after morning prayer.

Before she could take further steps she heard two voices. Her father was seeking advice from the guru. Their voices echoed in the rather empty temple, as only they were there. And what her father said made her heart drop.
He said,
Gurudev, now that I am blessed with children, I want to enjoy every duty that a parent has to fulfill. Which also includes finding a suitable life partner for them.

He paused and looked towards the guru. The guru nodded in agreement.

I wish to arrange Draupadi's swayanvar .

His words hung in the air and there was a prolonged pause. Homini's mind stopped working.
She never thought about being seperated from her didi.

The guru laughed and said,
This is a very good decision, Rajan. It was about time for this to happen. Now we just need to ask Draupadi for her permission. If she is ready we can look for the most auspicious date possible and send out invitations.

They talked as they were walking towards the entrance. Realising she might be seen eavesdropping she ran towards the lake ,so she won't be spotted. As she ran her hair brooch fell out unnoticed and a long brown cascade felt down, but she paid no attend to it .Tears threatened to fall from her eyes, she sat down on the stairs. The thought that didi, her beloved didi, would be leaving after she gets married, made her heartache.

Then she felt her anger arise. Why did father decided to marry her sister away so soon? And why did they Rajguru agreed?
How could they do this?

Angrily she plucked a lotus from the pond and threw it away.

Suddenly an idea popped up in her mind.She got up with a determination to convince her parents to change their decision.

She stood up leaving for the palace, the flower she threw earlier had fallen in the grass nearby, and slowly they lotus caught on fire and disintegrated to ashes with no one noticing it.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Hi everyone!
Firstly, thank you all a lot for reading this book. I wasn't even expecting any reads but y'all read it. I whole heartedly thank you for it 🙇‍♀️.
Also, I am sorry for not updating on time. I was a bit busy with exams🥲. And if I am late in next two weeks it would be due to them. 🤓.
Let's meet in next chapter, bye👋.